E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Car service due

10-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
hmi1750
Major
Rep
Drives: M135i

Exclamation Car service due

Hi all,

Need my car serviced soon... I am getting the symbol of the car on the lift on the display.

It doesn't an oil service for a while by the looks of things.

Has done 35k miles.

Anyone suggest a good independent to take it around the West London area, I guess I can book it for a day when I am around. Don't fancy wasting money at a crap dealer.

Also what does this service entail if no oil? Some tech just walking around ticking a few boxes and telling me wheels are kerbed and I have a ding on my bumper? Or will they actually do more than just change the washer fluid!

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 05:58 PM   #2
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmi1750 View Post
Hi all,

Need my car serviced soon... I am getting the symbol of the car on the lift on the display.

It doesn't an oil service for a while by the looks of things.

Has done 35k miles.

Anyone suggest a good independent to take it around the West London area, I guess I can book it for a day when I am around. Don't fancy wasting money at a crap dealer.

Also what does this service entail if no oil? Some tech just walking around ticking a few boxes and telling me wheels are kerbed and I have a ding on my bumper? Or will they actually do more than just change the washer fluid!

Thanks,

I think this is the vehicle inspection, It's only £20 or so at the dealer so I wouldn't worry about an independant.

Coincided with the brake fluid change on my car anyway.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 06:07 PM   #3
hmi1750
Major
Rep
Drives: M135i

Oh ok, mine won't need much for a couple of months, I might just delay this in that case to match up and getting them done together. I already know what is wrong and right with my car...

Anyone have any other suggestions?

I will call dealer and see what is actually required at this service.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
rob.b
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 318 ISE

I think you will find that the car on a ramp means that a service is due soon. For an independant that I have used, and still do, try BMWORX in Stoke Mandeville, Aylesbury, Bucks.
Appreciate 0