BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-14-2021, 03:49 AM   #1
Daniel.w.leigh
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Pro

iX3 lead times (UK)

Hi all, I just wondered if anyone had any experience of iX3 lead times here in the UK. I'm hearing anything from July/August to November for my iX3 Premier Pro, interested to hear anyone else's experience!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 05:43 AM   #2
Thanis34
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Since everything is being built in China I think the lead times are the same for DE/UK/NL/BE/FR anyway. Lead times are at least 6 months when ordering a car that needs to be produced.

FYI, I ordered in February (beginning) and still only have a rough estimate of July. I did receive my production number, but no VIN number as of yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 03:37 PM   #3
DES_MX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Same here, ordered in Jan and pushed to week 29 (July).
Checked with the dealer today, still says week 29, so at least not delayed more. 6 months seems an accurate estimate. I did get a nice 330i M-Sport to play with while waiting (not free of course)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 06:10 AM   #4
Klinkschakel
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3

Netherlands: ordered last week (26th of April) and delivery week was initially confirmed on week 48 (early December) and this week pushed to 46 (end November).
Quite disappointing as I spoke with the dealer and he told me it would be September. I have my car on company lease and it expires early October.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 05:27 AM   #5
Daniel.w.leigh
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinkschakel View Post
Netherlands: ordered last week (26th of April) and delivery week was initially confirmed on week 48 (early December) and this week pushed to 46 (end November).
Quite disappointing as I spoke with the dealer and he told me it would be September. I have my car on company lease and it expires early October.
I agree, this is disappointing! Mine is now ordered, I was initially told late August, but I’m now getting the same date of Late November
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 11:47 AM   #6
iX3 rijder
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BWW iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinkschakel View Post
I ordered mine oct last year and got it on feb2! Roughly 4 months by then.
My order was nr 10.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 11:51 AM   #7
iX3 rijder
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BWW iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel.w.leigh View Post
I agree, this is disappointing! Mine is now ordered, I was initially told late August, but I’m now getting the same date of Late November
I read an article car production being slowed due to lack of electronics. There seems to be a shortage of chips for cars. If this applies to the power drive of EV’s as well it might explain something?
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2021, 02:07 PM   #8
Thanis34
Private
Rep

I got a call from my dealer yesterday to confirm that my order was not hit due to the chip shortages. But ... there was a small delay and I would have it in August. I assume everyone from Benelux with an order arriving anywhere near August will be on the same boat.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 02:08 AM   #9
Klinkschakel
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iX3 rijder View Post
I ordered mine oct last year and got it on feb2! Roughly 4 months by then.
My order was nr 10.
Some countries got priority (like Netherlands) for the first deliveries worldwide. Now the 'rest of the world' is being served, lead times in Netherlands are getting longer.

The shipment by boat is also not helping.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 12:07 PM   #10
Sevenland82
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Ordered end February. Estimated delivery around August. (Netherlands)
Appreciate 1
willjames709.00
      05-10-2021, 07:16 AM   #11
Thanis34
Private
Rep

Got my VIN today. Delivery mid-August (BELGIUM)
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 11:16 AM   #12
Daniel.w.leigh
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks all - UK lead times seem to be worse, the car doesn't launch here until July, so perhaps there's more pent-up demand as they started taking orders last year... Plus we're one of the only right hand drive markets getting the car, so they're probably just building less of them. 7/8 months is a still really long wait for a car!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 04:11 PM   #13
SPEL
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i3s

UK iX3 Delivery Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel.w.leigh View Post
Hi all, I just wondered if anyone had any experience of iX3 lead times here in the UK. I'm hearing anything from July/August to November for my iX3 Premier Pro, interested to hear anyone else's experience!
I ordered mine in April and I'm being told mid October. It appears the dealers have a list of pre scheduled builds and depending on availability they try and match your requirements to what's available. I assume that's why there are few options to choose from.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 06:01 PM   #14
nunp
Private
Rep
Drives: RR Velar, Audi S5

I ordered a few weeks back in May, delivery late November. Will be interesting if semi conductor issues impact any of the options I.e Harmon Kardon which has been discontinued from X5’s and other variants.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 03:03 PM   #15
Daniel.w.leigh
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunp View Post
I ordered a few weeks back in May, delivery late November. Will be interesting if semi conductor issues impact any of the options I.e Harmon Kardon which has been discontinued from X5’s and other variants.
I'm told by my dealer that this is why Premier Pro's are 2 months longer; Premiers are July/August, my Premier Pro is now Oct/Nov. Good luck with yours!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 03:04 PM   #16
Daniel.w.leigh
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEL View Post
I ordered mine in April and I'm being told mid October. It appears the dealers have a list of pre scheduled builds and depending on availability they try and match your requirements to what's available. I assume that's why there are few options to choose from.
I had this conversation with my Retailer today at the time of ordering... I wanted a Phytonic Blue Premier Pro with Cognac interior, but was advised if I picked a black interior, I'd be more likely to be matched to a build slot. As it is, I'm looking at October/Nov too, ordered mine in April.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 03:44 PM   #17
nunp
Private
Rep

Interestingly I was unable to amend the colour / spec of my iX3 order as he cars spec is dictated by BMW. Not sure if this is because it is a lease but my standard non pro is due December. Ordered 4 weeks ago so 9 month lead time.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 03:40 AM   #18
Adeefc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 318i Sport

Ordered Premier beginning of April, given an expected delivery of the beginning of October.

Received a call from dealer last week asking me to amend spec slightly. I ordered mine in black with the blue exterior trim, however I was told there is no stock availability in that combination, so I changed to the grey exterior trim 🤷🏼*♂️. Was back and forward in my mind on the blue trim, so it's almost easier that someone has made the decision for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 04:22 PM   #19
nunp
Private
Rep

Does seem to appear that BMW are directing colour / trim specs but not sure why? My order is carbon black with the beige interior and grey trim. Aluminium interior trim. Was given the choice of this and mineral white or blue with black leather. My wife wanted grey with cognac interior but this was possible / available.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 05:37 AM   #20
Klinkschakel
Private
Rep

Just checked on my car. There are no signs of delivery problems. My trim (Blue ext and beige int) is scheduled for production week 32 and delivery week 48.
Everything is on track BMW Netherlands say...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 11:38 AM   #21
Thanis34
Private
Rep

My blue/mocha premier pro (impressive) was ordered beginning of February, production date was 29/4 (got the vin), delivery is foreseen for mid-August (was supposed to be June)
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 08:16 AM   #22
Lazy Lee
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Exec, BMW i3s Exec

My black Executive (Dutch name; Premier or Inspiring in other markets) was ordered at the end of March with planned production in July and delivery in September.
Counting the days… :-)
Appreciate 0