E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2012 E91 6MT RWD 328i for sale: 62 photos

04-21-2021, 02:04 PM   #1
E91 6MT
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 LCI

2012 E91 6MT RWD 328i for sale: 62 photos

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
2012 E91 in Space Gray, Oyster interior with walnut burl trim. Last year for the E91, and last year for the 6-speed manual transmission. Lower mileage, never exposed to road salt, garage-kept, carefully maintained, and unmolested by negligence and stupidity. I purchased this car in late 2017 from a couple in California, and I keep it garaged in Memphis TN. It has been an occasional use vehicle for me - seeing the road maybe 2 or so days per week.

In addition to all regular maintenance, I have performed the following changes and improvements:

- Lumar Ceramic Window Tint: 35% (darkest legal tint in TN) with clear UV filters on the sunroof and windshield to protect the interior. Performed in 2018.
- New Factory BMW F30 (style 397) wheels. 18, 8.5J, ET47 with Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ tires (255/35R18) on all 4 corners. Performed in 2019. (Original E90 style 285 wheels and tires are still available and will be included, if so desired)
- Interior color change from Chestnut Brown (LCCZ) to Oyster (LCCX). Performed in 2020.
- BimmerTech Alpha 1 stereo system upgrade. Performed in 2020 during interior swap.
- Bimmertech iDrive Disclaimer removal and traffic / map upgrade. Performed 2020

Clearly I'm in zero rush to sell this car, but I'll let it go to someone who is resolute on having a 3 series with these options. I'm more than happy to demonstrate and show the car, but unfortunately due to someone nearly wrecking the car on a test drive, I will require proof of ID, insurance, and a readiness to purchase before handing over the keys. Payments via wire transfer are preferred, and any reasonable timeframe for accomplishing a payment will be accommodated. Bike rack trays are not included, although they can be negotiated if desired. Thanks for your interest, and feel free to PM me with any questions.

Attached Images

Last edited by E91 6MT; 04-24-2021 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: test drive requirements
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 03:53 PM   #2
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E91 6MT View Post
as well as a 500 dollar non-refundable down payment prior to any pre-purchase test drives.
I know yesterday was 4:20 but man... really?
      04-21-2021, 07:25 PM   #3
cehrl7
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [10.00]
2020 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
2022 X3MC  [10.00]
Verily nice spec, but that price is crazy. GLWS
Black Sapphire Metallic/Gray
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2021, 08:31 PM   #4
michaelalex17
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Manual Wagon

Love the 6 speed wagon combo. GLWS!
      04-22-2021, 08:26 AM   #5
DenverM3
Rep
Drives: E90 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Funny you should say that. It "weeds" out those who aren't ready to buy.
I'll gladly give demo rides in the car - but if an interested party wants to drive it, they must be serious about buying. The combination of options makes this car one of the rarer production BMWs in North America.
Interesting to think true BMW Enthusiast sellers and dealers such as http://www.enthusiastauto.com/ or https://glenshelly.com/ who have both sold extremely rare BMW's fetching between $50-$100k don't need to require a non refundable deposit for a test drive. Whether it's $5 or $500, any amount for driving a car a few miles is going to turn off just about any buyer.

While you have to decide for yourself how to weed through serious buyers, the serious buyers also have to gauge how serious of a seller you are. At that price, not being an M-Sport (let alone not even having the basic sport package), the miles which are decent but definitely not considered exceptionally low, the front bumper not already repaired or replaced in that condition, the $500 test drive, it does not appear you are truly a serious seller.

Last edited by DenverM3; 04-22-2021 at 10:29 AM..
Appreciate 1
whyzee1251693.50
      04-22-2021, 10:32 AM   #6
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Quote:
500 dollar non-refundable down payment prior to any pre-purchase test drives.
Yeah, nobody is gonna do that.
Appreciate 1
GA328iT673.50
      04-22-2021, 11:05 AM   #7
E91 6MT
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverM3 View Post
Interesting to think true BMW Enthusiast sellers and dealers such as http://www.enthusiastauto.com/ or https://glenshelly.com/ who have both sold extremely rare BMW's fetching between $50-$100k don't need to require a non refundable deposit for a test drive. Whether it's $5 or $500, any amount for driving a car a few miles is going to turn off just about any buyer.

While you have to decide for yourself how to weed through serious buyers, the serious buyers also have to gauge how serious of a seller you are. At that price, not being an M-Sport (let alone not even having the basic sport package), the miles which are decent but definitely not considered exceptionally low, the front bumper not already repaired or replaced in that condition, the $500 test drive, it does not appear you are truly a serious seller.
Indeed - they are a dealer in the business of getting people in the door. I'm a private owner, under no pressure to sell. I absolutely love this car, but there's a Datsun s30 that's taken over as the recreational set of wheels in my garage. If someone is truly interested, they'll PM me about it and I'll happily discuss any terms over the phone or in person. Rare options make for a seller's market on any car. This car is definitely not one that the majority will want, and I'm serious about saving it for the right person.

As for the bumper - I've thought about cleaning it up, but that would likely lead me onto a slippery slope that would end in me making more improvements and not selling the car!
If I keep the thing, it will eventually get some modifications that would negate any collectibility, so I'm seeing if there's an opportunity to pass it on, first.

Cheers!

Last edited by E91 6MT; 04-22-2021 at 11:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 12:39 PM   #8
DenverM3
Rep
Drives: E90 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Indeed - they are a dealer in the business of getting people in the door. I'm a private owner, under no pressure to sell. I absolutely love this car, but there's a Datsun s30 that's taken over as the recreational set of wheels in my garage. If someone is truly interested, they'll PM me about it and I'll happily discuss any terms over the phone or in person. Rare options make for a seller's market on any car. This car is definitely not one that the majority will want, and I'm serious about saving it for the right person.

As for the bumper - I've thought about cleaning it up, but that would likely lead me onto a slippery slope that would end in me making more improvements and not selling the car!
If I keep the thing, it will eventually get some modifications that would negate any collectibility, so I'm seeing if there's an opportunity to pass it on, first.

Cheers!
If there's no need or rush to sell then that's the best spot to be in as a seller.

You could always give BringATrailer.com a shot with an auction as they seem to get great exposure which typically leads to very good pricing, however as with any auction there's always an element of risk as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 12:44 PM   #9
E91WAG3N
Wagon Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: E39, E91, E91

"...unmolested by negligence and stupidity" is a matter of opinion. You're portraying this as a collector car yet it's not longer original as you've swapped the interior. The wheels, shift knob, and kidney grills are easy enough to return to factory, though.

No maintenance records or paint depth readings not to mention your ridiculous requirement of a non-refundable deposit isn't helping your cause at all. Clean Blackstone analysis reports would seem to be a requirement at this asking price point as well.

Most folks on the forums are looking for the needle in the haystack 6MT E91 for $9,500. BaT is where you'll move an uncommon wagon for top dollar. GLWS.
Appreciate 3
b1aze565.50
      04-22-2021, 12:57 PM   #10
E91 6MT
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverM3 View Post
If there's no need or rush to sell then that's the best spot to be in as a seller.

You could always give BringATrailer.com a shot with an auction as they seem to get great exposure which typically leads to very good pricing, however as with any auction there's always an element of risk as well.
I appreciate the suggestion - I might end up putting it on BAT, but I wanted to try a couple of other listing options first. BAT only seems to offer short-term exposure at a relatively high cost to the seller. I may not fully understand their price model, though.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 01:40 PM   #11
E91 6MT
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E91WAG3N View Post
"...unmolested by negligence and stupidity" is a matter of opinion. You're portraying this as a collector car yet it's not longer original as you've swapped the interior. The wheels, shift knob, and kidney grills are easy enough to return to factory, though.

No maintenance records or paint depth readings not to mention your ridiculous requirement of a non-refundable deposit isn't helping your cause at all. Clean Blackstone analysis reports would seem to be a requirement at this asking price point as well.

Most folks on the forums are looking for the needle in the haystack 6MT E91 for $9,500. BaT is where you'll move an uncommon wagon for top dollar. GLWS.
The original owner had a kid that "left his mark" on the chestnut brown interior, so I replaced it with one that was in exceptionally good condition. The wheels, shift knob, and kidney grilles are all are still available, if desired.

As for the "ridiculous requirement", if it goes towards the negotiated sale price - it's all a wash in the end. It's to just keep tire-kickers away, and will inevitably rub some people the wrong way. I bought the car under the exact same conditions. I actually got the car because I engaged the seller on their terms. I can't say with any likelihood that it'll work out that way for me, but clearly, I'm in no hurry.

Last edited by E91 6MT; 04-23-2021 at 01:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 12:11 AM   #12
E91 6MT
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thanks all

Thanks to all who contacted me about the car. I enjoyed chatting with you guys about it. The car is now now sold, and in the hands of its new owner. Best of luck in the search!
Appreciate 0