E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Lambda Help... INPA Readings Attached

04-28-2021, 11:51 AM   #1
redlineclipse
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Lambda Help... INPA Readings Attached

I am catching crap trying to get my 335i straight. I was driving the other day and when I hit about 5000 rpms, there was a sputter. I let off and when I pressed the pedal again, the car sounded like a diesel. Basically, heavy sputtering, shaking. I initially thought that the boost had busted a boot or something, but everything is secure under the hood. I got back home and it went into limp mode shortly after.

I used a cheap scanner that threw up misfires in cylinders 4,5, and 6.
and a pending "running lean in bank 2"

One step further,

I have an INPA setup, in german of course, and I am trying to make the most of it.

The sparkplugs have about 3000 miles on them, if that. so I don't think they are the issue.

The fact that the error is related to a whole bank, leads me to believe it would have to be the o2 sensor.

The lambda readings I got are attached. The reading for bank two precat says "!16" which I am assuming points to the culprit.

Is it that easy? or is there something that is causing the sensor to work too hard?

ANY help is greatly appreciated, as this is my daily driver.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0