E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Red car on lift upon unlock after android heat unit?

04-29-2021, 12:20 PM   #1
Raised
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E90

Red car on lift upon unlock after android heat unit?

After installing an android head unit into my 325i, I have a red car on a lift when I first unlock the car, it disappears after a few seconds and doesn't reappear until the next unlock.

iDrive shows no errors, the service intervals are all fine. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 12:44 PM   #2
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

There must be a code somewhere to cause that message. Pull the codes on a scanner and report back
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 1
Raised1.50
      04-29-2021, 12:56 PM   #3
Raised
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
There must be a code somewhere to cause that message. Pull the codes on a scanner and report back
This was going to be my next step, I'm going to scan it with Carly BMW and post on here. Only issue is my battery isn't the best, so I'll have to turn the car on to scan.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 01:04 PM   #4
JonOhh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 330i

Garage List
Do you have a warning triangle on the dash? Go to Check Control and hold down the BC button on the warning message if it's there. It'll give you a CC-ID that you can use to narrow it down a bit (there's tables online with each CC-ID and its meaning).

Of course, as said above, also scan for codes too, but this is a quick and easy way to get closer to the problem in some cases.

Last edited by JonOhh; 04-29-2021 at 01:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
Raised1.50
      04-29-2021, 03:11 PM   #5
Raised
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOhh View Post
Do you have a warning triangle on the dash? Go to Check Control and hold down the BC button on the warning message if it's there. It'll give you a CC-ID that you can use to narrow it down a bit (there's tables online with each CC-ID and its meaning).

Of course, as said above, also scan for codes too, but this is a quick and easy way to get closer to the problem in some cases.
Nope, should have stated, no errors on BC control either.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 05:26 PM   #6
Raised
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOhh View Post

OK, so I scanned for codes. Had 17 haha, will cover them below, I have marked the once that have appeared since the head unit install.

Code:
Air Conditioning: (SINCE INSTALLING NEW HEAD UNIT)
009C97 - Schichtungspoti / Water valve left / KCAN: power management battery voltage (PM) / Schichtungspotentiometer

Foot Well Module: (1 of these appeared after head unit install, not sure which)
009CD0 - Drive fold in mirror passenger side defective / Drive mirror defective drivers side
00E587 - Bus communication error K-CAN / Controller K-KAN, bus off / Can inactive

Instrument Cluster: (3 of these appeared after head unit install, not sure which)
00A3B9 - CAN ID 19E error failure message status DSC
00A3B6 - CAN ID 394 error failure message RDA request data storage / CAN ID 5C0 error failure message CAS afront for lightser RDA data DOES noT EXIST / CAN ID 5C0 error failure message CAS response RDA data missing
00A554 - Alive error phone / Live phone
00E107 - Can bus off

Junction Box Passenger Module: (SINCE INSTALLING NEW HEAD UNIT)
00C910 - K can id246 status air timeout / Pt can id1B6 heat Flow motor timeout
00A731 - BI-stable relay / Bistable relay 2
00A6CF - Auc sensor

Anti Theft Alarm System:
009D12 - Error battery cycle

Car Communication: (SINCE INSTALLING NEW HEAD UNIT)
00A054 - Open GPS connector

Dynamic Management: (SINCE INSTALLING NEW HEAD UNIT)
00D01E - Message mileage / range, ID 330h

Engine: (SINCE INSTALLING NEW HEAD UNIT)
00CDA9 - Message (heat flow / load torque air conditioning, 1B5)

iDrive CCC: (SINCE INSTALLING NEW HEAD UNIT)
00A177 - External fan is not working

Interior Protection: (SINCE INSTALLING NEW HEAD UNIT)
00D947 - Can bus off / K-CAN bus off / CAN physical errors: bus from

Roof:
00A670 - Error fogging sensor 0xA670 / BSS error signal line BSS 0xA670

Telephone: (SINCE INSTALLING NEW HEAD UNIT)
00D690 - Ring break diagnosis was performed (error ring diagnosis) / MOST: ring break / Ring break diagnosis was performed (error ring diagnosis). / TCU: ring break diagnosis was performed (error ring diagnosis)

I have now wiped all of these codes and will rescan the car in a couple of days because some of these codes might be old and caused by low battery/disconnecting the battery, for example I don't have any issues with the electric mirrors but a code exists for it. The air conditioning codes may be present, when I stop the car I occasionally hear some dripping in the centre of the car, pretty sure it's just water from the consistency of it, so this water might be coming from a leak in the air conditioning? or could just be condensation.

Update: The fault has reappeared after clearing the codes, will check for codes again in the morning.

Last edited by Raised; 04-29-2021 at 06:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 03:29 PM   #7
Raised
Rep

Ok I think it has something to do with K-CAN communication, maybe I accidentally unplugged/damaged something on the wiring harness for it. The code below is new/since the android install.

00D947 - Anti-theft alarm: K-CAN communication fault
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 12:57 PM   #8
RocknRollOutlaw
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91 335i 6MT

Did you connect a permanent live wire to the fuse box? I had the same issue with mine, it was causing battery drain giving me the car on a lift light with no codes. I just disconnected that wire I'd ran to the fuse box and it was fine.
Appreciate 1
Raised1.50
      05-03-2021, 01:26 PM   #9
Raised
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknRollOutlaw View Post
Did you connect a permanent live wire to the fuse box? I had the same issue with mine, it was causing battery drain giving me the car on a lift light with no codes. I just disconnected that wire I'd ran to the fuse box and it was fine.
Nope. Never connected anything to the fuse box, the only wiring I've touched is the wiring on the back of the iDrive/Radio module and the screen. I did individually check the small and medium fuses however, meaning pulling each out for inspection.

The new screen I've installed shares power with the iDrive computer, it comes with a new wiring harness that plugs into the power harness for iDrive, then runs up to the new screen.

Luckily I'm not actually experiencing any issues like battery drain with the car, literally just the message when I first unlock.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 05:34 PM   #10
JJ0063
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90

Just saw your post on Bimmerfest and replied on there..

I have the exact same issue after fitting my android unit and don’t know what to do to fix it. Doesn’t cause any issues but it’s bugging me so I want yk fix it!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 07:18 PM   #11
Raised
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ0063 View Post
Just saw your post on Bimmerfest and replied on there..

I have the exact same issue after fitting my android unit and don’t know what to do to fix it. Doesn’t cause any issues but it’s bugging me so I want yk fix it!
I replied to you on there. Thanks.

Edit: Actually my reply might help people on here...

Quote:

I know BimmerCode and Carly have options for unlocking/locking so maybe that might fix it or some different code will.

Thank you for your input!

Also, might as well ask, which unit did you purchase? and is your original CCC or CIC menu working through the new screen?

Last edited by Raised; 05-05-2021 at 08:49 PM..
Appreciate 0