F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > 330e blue interior lights when opening
proTUNING Freaks

05-02-2021, 08:00 AM   #1
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport

330e blue interior lights when opening

I've a 330e and like other F30 cars I can select sport (white) or classic (red) for the ambient lighting. But on the 330e of you select the sports option and unlock the car. The interior lights up blue until you open the door. And if classic is selected the interior lights address white as with the the non hybrid cars.
So I've swapped the door and footwell LEDs to the ones from benzibfabrik. And they are now blue and white. So blue is now the classic option. I'd like for the interior dome lighting to be blue (classic) while working with the sport (blue) door option.
I was thinking it could be possible to swap a couple of wires within the overhead lighting to reverse the light colour option..
Would anyone have a wiring diagram for the overhead lighting about the drivers head?
Attached Images

05-02-2021, 08:58 AM   #2
cozzzz
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i

If all you need to do is swap the roof ambient light colors, take a look here, this guy replaced his ambient light LEDs and wanted white roof lights on classic.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 03:38 PM   #3
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozzzz View Post
If all you need to do is swap the roof ambient light colors, take a look here, this guy replaced his ambient light LEDs and wanted white roof lights on classic.
Thanks for the link. I just checked out there. Unfortunately it wasn't what I was looking for 🙄
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 02:00 AM   #4
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

I dont get the question... as far as I understand you, you would change the wiring for the lights behind/under the sunshade and/or the dome to get what result?
After changing the SMD LED's, you'll get blue at classic mode and white for sport. According to your plans you would get at the mentioned spots sporty white and when switching to sport, they should appear blue? Or should they shine always blue in any mode? Im slightly confused

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 04:14 AM   #5
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

In the hybrid f30. When the ambient lighting is set to sport, the lights on the doors and footwells are white. And when you unlock the car the interior has blue lighting until you open the door. If I selected classic on the ambient menu. The doors and footwells light up red. (I've changed these to blue). But when I unlock the car the interior dome map reading light is white, not blue. I was trying to reverse it. Or have the blue lighting working on either ambient mode.
So in short BMW have the interior overhead dome lighting when unlocking the car is white with the classic setting. With the sport setting and unlocking car. The dome lights are blue. This changes to write as soon are you pull the door handle to open the door

Last edited by jcdub; 05-03-2021 at 04:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 07:25 AM   #6
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Alright, now Im onto the track. I also got blue/white LEDs into the footwell installed, and at open the door, every time the blue and the white ones are illuminated and the white ones are immediately extinguishing at closing the door.
After firsttime installed, I thought first, the LED's were broken and noticed this side effect later after closing.
Here I assume that this has to be coded into your desired way, a wiring change wouldnt change a basically initiated function.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0