BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Turner intake is a hell to install

05-26-2021, 01:51 AM   #1
M FUELED
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Turner intake is a hell to install

I just purchased a tuner intake for my n55.
I’ve been at this for like 6 hours now and it’s just been a hell. Currently I’m stuck on trying to fit the vacuum line. It seems as if the vacuum line is way too big to go inside on the slot for the intake. Any tips?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 02:55 AM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M FUELED View Post
I just purchased a tuner intake for my n55.
I’ve been at this for like 6 hours now and it’s just been a hell. Currently I’m stuck on trying to fit the vacuum line. It seems as if the vacuum line is way too big to go inside on the slot for the intake. Any tips?
If you have a set of calipers measure to make sure that the vaccum line is indeed able to fit before forcing it. Then try some silicone lube, or engine oil. If that doesn't work contact turner.
JTO245276.00
      05-26-2021, 03:19 AM   #3
M FUELED
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Don’t have calipers but it definitely seems like the tube on the intake is too small for the actual vacuum line. So I’ll definitely be contacting them.

I know you can’t tell much on the size through pictures, especially with the markings on them but just to somewhat give you an idea
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 03:56 AM   #4
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Don’t have calipers but it definitely seems like the tube on the intake is too small for the actual vacuum line. So I’ll definitely be contacting them.

I know you can’t tell much on the size through pictures, especially with the markings on them but just to somewhat give you an idea
The silver thing isn't supposed to be there. Is that from your previous intake?
      05-26-2021, 04:04 AM   #5
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

This is what it's supposed to look like: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/13907604938/

I suspect you didn't squeeze the connector hard enough and accidentally pulled off the bung from you prior intake instead of disconnecting the hose.

Here's what you need to do, get channel locks and squeeze the tabs on the circular part of the connector where it has the little grooves signifying where to ssqueeze. Then use pilar's to pull the silver bung out, that's not supposed to be there. After that the hose should fit fine. It's going to be tight to get it to release, so be gentle on the connector or you'll break it. When using channel locks grab it directly on, don't go side ways around the circumference, the handle of the channel locks should be parallel with the metal piece.
JTO245276.00
      05-26-2021, 07:54 AM   #6
M FUELED
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Ah! That’s what it is then. I’ll had the Eventuri CAI it came with a rubber piece connecting from the intake over to the silver piece and into the vacuum line. When I pulled it off I did only pull off the rubber connecting piece thinking the silver was part of the vacuum line. Thank you so much. I will go ahead and remove it with the channel locks.
Attached Images

Last edited by M FUELED; 05-26-2021 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: Added pictures of rubber hose
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 01:41 PM   #7
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ah! That’s what it is then. I’ll had the Eventuri CAI it came with a rubber piece connecting from the intake over to the silver piece and into the vacuum line. When I pulled it off I did only pull off the rubber connecting piece thinking the silver was part of the vacuum line. Thank you so much. I will go ahead and remove it with the channel locks.
No problem! Glad I could help!