BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-26-2021, 04:56 PM   #1
Brheik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw ix3

M adaptive suspension

Anybody tested this against normal adaptive suspension? Impressions
      05-27-2021, 03:44 AM   #2
Klinkschakel
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3

Is there an option? It's doesn't appear on the European price lists?

Comparing it to the X3 M suspension is not right as the weight of the iX3 is much higher.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 05:04 AM   #3
RoosDK
Enlisted Member
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3, 2021

Yes, it is an option in Europe. Both when specifying a new build, as well as activating it via Connected Drive later on. I sure the physical suspension is designed with the weight of the car in mind, and I am guessing that the Adaptive M suspension gives the ability to further tweak the behaviour of the car, beyond the adaptive suspension, that is already standard.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 05:50 AM   #4
Thanis34
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

I have it ordered, but will have to wait until August to test it :-)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 06:41 AM   #5
Brheik
Enlisted Member
Rep

I am reluctant to order, not knowing exactly how large the difference will be.
      05-27-2021, 10:41 AM   #6
Thanis34
Private
Rep

Actually, there is no real difference. The 'M Adaptive Suspension' option unlocks the configurability of the dampening from within the car. The car has Electromagnetically controlled valves which have standardized profiles. The M adaptive suspension unlocks extra profiles as well as a degree of customization.

As far as I know ... :-)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 01:08 PM   #7
Brheik
Enlisted Member
Rep

You will get 2 profiles, comfort and sport. No further customisation, no way back to former suspension mode, no way to have both. The difference in m suspension is that the valves will adjust to driving style and road, but I really don't know if it's worth it. Had a dialogue with BMW support in Munich today, maybe a trial version could be a solution.
      05-27-2021, 01:24 PM   #8
Thanis34
Private
Rep

I think they were talking about the ‘adaptive suspension’ ? You will always get comfort and sport with that. The m-adaptive suspension brings sport+ and a configurable driving profile normally ... just like in the regular X3
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 01:31 PM   #9
Brheik
Enlisted Member
Rep

No.
      05-28-2021, 02:59 PM   #10
JJ 911SC
Crusty Old Navy Chief
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 1983 911SC

Garage List
Option 02VF: Adaptive M Suspension. Standard for the M40i.

Very short description from the BMW Store:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 03:20 PM   #11
JimPastell
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 G01

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brheik View Post
You will get 2 profiles, comfort and sport. No further customisation, no way back to former suspension mode, no way to have both. The difference in m suspension is that the valves will adjust to driving style and road, but I really don't know if it's worth it. Had a dialogue with BMW support in Munich today, maybe a trial version could be a solution.
Hmm… I'm quite sure that I have sport & comfort on my non-M adaptive suspension
      05-28-2021, 05:32 PM   #12
JJ 911SC
Crusty Old Navy Chief
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 1983 911SC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPastell View Post
Hmm… I'm quite sure that I have sport & comfort on my non-M adaptive suspension
Yes you do, but it's not Adaptive. Here is the best explanation from BMW (not specifically for a X3 but its the same principle).

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 10:39 AM   #13
Klinkschakel
Private
Rep

Still puzzled... for the iX3 the Adaptive Damping is standard.
I still don’t see the M-suspension option in the Dutch pricelist? I know for other models (incl X3) it is possible but I can’t see it as an option for the iX3
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 01:22 PM   #14
Thanis34
Private
Rep

It is still available on the BE configurator:
Name:  026E0200-09A6-488E-B390-2BD391512C05.jpg
Views: 9395
Size:  118.7 KB
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 03:38 PM   #15
Klinkschakel
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanis34 View Post
It is still available on the BE configurator:
Attachment 2615384
Ok, just looked at the NL config, its not there. Only the standard adaptive.
My bad looks like there are differences in possibilities then in the world.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 03:49 AM   #16
Klinkschakel
Private
Rep

Still don't understand the difference between M and non-M adaptive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 08:32 AM   #17
molcos
Norway
Rep
Drives: IX3

I have the Adaptive M suspension

Hi,

I have it in my IX3 and the only options are Sport/Comfort/ECO plus
I do have the individual option on sport and ECO plus, but that is only to have either sport or comfort for the steering, suspension and motor.

I did however get the M Lap timer as an app on the car? i don't know if that is something that you only get with the M suspension?

I would not have bought it if it were not for the fact that i got a preconfigured car that someone backed out of the contract on.

It's probably a "auto" thing when you enable sport, i have no idea if its better than not having the option.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 08:21 AM   #18
Brheik
Enlisted Member
Rep

You can in m also put suspension to sport or Comfort, not only steering and motor response. And it is kind of predictive and reacting to different road conditions.

I ordered it 1 week ago, but Bmw struggles to get it activated due to technical problems on my car.
      06-09-2021, 11:31 AM   #19
RoosDK
Enlisted Member
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by molcos View Post
Hi,

I have it in my IX3 and the only options are Sport/Comfort/ECO plus
I do have the individual option on sport and ECO plus, but that is only to have either sport or comfort for the steering, suspension and motor.

I did however get the M Lap timer as an app on the car? i don't know if that is something that you only get with the M suspension?

I would not have bought it if it were not for the fact that i got a preconfigured car that someone backed out of the contract on.

It's probably a "auto" thing when you enable sport, i have no idea if its better than not having the option.
I'm in the same situation. Took delivery of my iX3 last week, a fully loaded preconfigured build, that also have the 2VF adaptive M suspension option on the list.

In "Sport Individual" og "Eco Pro Individual" I can change settings for suspension to either "Comfort" or "Sport"

When looking at the services that are included/purchased for my car on the connected drive website, "Adaptive M suspension" is not listed, and furthermore it is even listed as not being available for my car.

Have been in contact with the dealer, who gave me a "since it is already specified, it cannot be added", however all the other services that are included, are listed on connected drive.

Tried calling the connected drive hotline, and after confirming that the option was on the build sheet, and since they couldn't verify that it was activated, told me that they would get back to me - that took about a week, and culminated with the answer, that I should contact my dealer…

So I'm looking for a way to verify that it in fact have been activated, or a way to tell that it has not been activated.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 04:04 PM   #20
molcos
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosDK View Post
I'm in the same situation. Took delivery of my iX3 last week, a fully loaded preconfigured build, that also have the 2VF adaptive M suspension option on the list.

In "Sport Individual" og "Eco Pro Individual" I can change settings for suspension to either "Comfort" or "Sport"

When looking at the services that are included/purchased for my car on the connected drive website, "Adaptive M suspension" is not listed, and furthermore it is even listed as not being available for my car.

Have been in contact with the dealer, who gave me a "since it is already specified, it cannot be added", however all the other services that are included, are listed on connected drive.

Tried calling the connected drive hotline, and after confirming that the option was on the build sheet, and since they couldn't verify that it was activated, told me that they would get back to me - that took about a week, and culminated with the answer, that I should contact my dealer…

So I'm looking for a way to verify that it in fact have been activated, or a way to tell that it has not been activated.
Funny you should say that, i did the exact same thing today.
I called the Concier service and asked about this, she could not help me as there was no information about my car in her system.
She advised me to call the road assistance service through the car as they should have all the information about the car.

I did not do that but will try it tomorrow, but as you said i could not see the option in the list of activated services. all the other options was there along with the drive recorder which was my other option with the car.

It's strange not knowing if the option is there, even stranger that no one can find the bloody thing in the list.

The quest goes on it seems
Appreciate 1
RoosDK21.50
      06-11-2021, 02:42 AM   #21
molcos
Norway
Rep

I have now checked with BMW and this is the answer.
If you have the adaptive M Suspension then you will have the option to set the suspension in either Comfort or sport on the individual settings.

A demo car they had without the option could only configure the steering and motor response on the individual settings.

This is now clear for me and hopefully we can put this issue to rest 👍
Appreciate 2
RoosDK21.50
Archer-s247.00
      06-11-2021, 03:15 AM   #22
RoosDK
Enlisted Member
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by molcos View Post
I have now checked with BMW and this is the answer.
If you have the adaptive M Suspension then you will have the option to set the suspension in either Comfort or sport on the individual settings.

A demo car they had without the option could only configure the steering and motor response on the individual settings.

This is now clear for me and hopefully we can put this issue to rest 👍
Perfect!! Thanks for Clarifying that 😊 I guess I'll just stop wondering, and keep on enjoying the car 🙏
Appreciate 2
molcos5.50
3ero9.00