E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Is there any way to track my order?

11-06-2008, 12:18 AM   #1
tolkino
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 BSM E92 328i xDrive

Is there any way to track my order?

I have seen similar posts before regarding this in the forum but i cant seem to find exactly what im looking for. I apologize if this is a repost.

Here's the thing, my CA at the dealership does not seem very trustworthy to me, I can't get the answers I want for the most of the time when I call him. When I ask questions, he directs me to other departments or other people.. Our last talk, he told me that my car is on the ship already and it should be arriving in 4-5 weeks. I did not get a production & VIN number yet, although I know I should have.. I'll do this soon in this week.

When I placed my order, I requested some changes for example Executive Package comes with Burl Walnut Wood Trim, instead of this I requested Black Piano trim and they said they would be able to make it. However, this is not noted in the purchase agreement sheet. I want to know if they have included everything I wanted with the order. Or if they are going to install aftermarket trim when it arrives.

Long story short, I would like to know if I can, on my own, check the status of my car (with what options it was built, when did it leave the port, which ship is it on, and estimated delivery date) without involving my dealership?

I know there is such thing as Owner's Circle, but I am not sure what kind of information I can get from there.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 12:44 AM   #2
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Man, that's pretty shifty. Go down to that dealer and demand to see the paperwork, and if they can't show it to you, DEMAND your money back!

With your production number, you can go on to Owners Circle and track exactly where your car is.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 12:54 AM   #3
Universal_Magnetic
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

I ordered my e92 in near the end of August, i never got a VIN or production number. they told me i should get it around the end of October. It is already into November and i am getting pretty pissed off, i am giving them a call tomorrow and giving them a deadline to when i expect my car. if i dont get it by then i am going to take my deposit back and go elsewhere. i dont care if i have to wait again, this was handled quite unprofessionally if you ask me.

BTW, i ordered from Parkview BMW...my parents have both purchased vehicles from there and the service was always excellent...this just gets on my nerves though.
      11-06-2008, 01:07 AM   #4
tolkino
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal_Magnetic View Post
I ordered my e92 in near the end of August, i never got a VIN or production number. they told me i should get it around the end of October. It is already into November and i am getting pretty pissed off, i am giving them a call tomorrow and giving them a deadline to when i expect my car. if i dont get it by then i am going to take my deposit back and go elsewhere. i dont care if i have to wait again, this was handled quite unprofessionally if you ask me.

BTW, i ordered from Parkview BMW...my parents have both purchased vehicles from there and the service was always excellent...this just gets on my nerves though.
End of august? wow u should have got your car by now or it should be coming soon. I am feeling exactly the same as you are, this is being handled very unprofessionally. I'm dealing with Parkview as well. The only calls I get from them were about the second key of my car that I traded in.. It was a mistake that I traded my car, now I'm bound to these people.

I even went into the dealership with a close friend who personally knows the retail principle there, but still the service is unacceptable. May I ask who is your CA there?

One update I found is that we are able to track the vessels. If we know which port it left from and what date, or by the VIN number of the car we can see the arrival date to Halifax from this website

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/

I'm going to give them another call tomorrow to get answers to my questions. And if this is not going to turn any better I will look into ways for cancelling the deal.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 01:12 AM   #5
Universal_Magnetic
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

I havent traded my car in yet, i agreed to hand it over to them after my car came in so i am not really "bound" to them. They also said that if i go over the specific KM they told me to stay within my trade in value may be decreased. they are taking longer than they said to deliver my car so i have obviously gone over those KM...if they try and give me a lower trade in i will simply demand them to give me a better price or i will walk.

I will PM you the name of the CA i am dealing with to keep it off the forums.
      11-06-2008, 01:25 AM   #6
tolkino
Captain
Rep

If u ask me, they will definitely want to pay less for your car when u actually trade it in, that's something they have in mind in the first place. I dropped my car off the dealership, the day I went and ordered the car, I had 3 cars at the time I had to get rid of one.. also I didnt want the car I traded in to lose more value.

The day after I made the agreement, I called them back and said I might be cancelling my order due to some reasons so please hold on to my car dont sell it yet. The guy tells me, my car is gone already. Some days after, BMW finance calls me to request pay out of my car (it had a 1yr finance term left) so I asked if my car was still at the dealership, they said yes...

You have all the rights to demand higher price than they would offer, because they delayed the delivery, its not your fault. But it's good that you are not really bound to them, u have more options in your hand. They will not want to lose a customer for 2-3 grands, if you tell them you will walk, thats how i see it
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 03:36 AM   #7
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsamoul View Post
Man, that's pretty shifty. Go down to that dealer and demand to see the paperwork, and if they can't show it to you, DEMAND your money back!

With your production number, you can go on to Owners Circle and track exactly where your car is.
Can you be more specific,please! Owners Circle,but where? BMW site? thanks!
Appreciate 0