F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Depo lights focus issues
GetBMWParts

08-11-2021, 08:52 AM   #1
kkasicha
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328

Depo lights focus issues

Hi, I have a shop install depo headlights and they didn't seem to do a good job. I tried to align them but can't seem to get it right. I am looking for a shop around Edison NJ that can make my headlights work. I literally can't see shit. I tried following Kies sports video but something doesn't seem right. If any member is ready to help me by looking at my car. I will definitely pay you or please advise a shop that I can take my car to.

Any help is appreciated!! Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 08:16 AM   #2
Spencer786
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D ED

Hope you got LHD Depos(??) I'm pretty certain they are labelled RHD or LHD. Mine are RHD for the UK.

The first issue I had, was unlike the push-in BMW OEM bulb fitment, these Depos require the bulb holder to be twisted into the lens rear. Initially, I had not fitted the bulb holder snugly into the x2 outer screw head retainers (when using halogen bulbs). I had not properly engaged the bulb holder bracket, when turned a quarter turn clockwise, into each of those outer screws -and so it failed an MOT (UK 'roadworthy' test).
If I remember, it fitted properly when the H7 bulb's square tab was pointing downwards (same when converting to LED bulbs using an adapter). Once the bulb was actually seated properly, our MOT inspector realigned it to the correct direction for me (at no charge -as usual).

Silly question, but after checking the bulbs are in properly, maybe attempt to adjust them yourself? -IF you already have then I apologise and just ignore the rest of my advice.

Don't overdo the screw adjustments too quickly, but there are four in total.
2x white plastic 6mm Allen key screws on each side (incorporating a Philips head inside all of them). They are above the headlights with round access 'port' holes above each lamp.
When using an Allen key, the tool does not necessarily stand straight up in all the holes but sits up at a slight angle. So stare down around the holes first, to get the correct angles, that allows the tool to connect to the recipient adjustment screw properly.
One screw is to yaw the lamp lens side-to-side and the other screw lowers/raises it.

Parking squarely opposite a wall about 15-30 feet gives you a better display of whether your achieving the right result, whilst you're turning them (look up images for headlamp cut-off).
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 02:53 AM   #3
hakisalapaki
Private
Rep
Drives: BW 2012 F30

same problem here,mine looks like crap.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0