E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Anti-Theft System -- Siren mostly

09-12-2021, 02:17 PM   #1
jdstrickland
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 328 E93

Anti-Theft System -- Siren mostly

My '08 E93 is pre-wired for the security system, but I am having a difficult time finding one. Even the local dealership parts department does not see it in RealOEM -- his version.

What do I need to get a chirp when I lock/unlock the doors? I live under no delusions that the alarm will stop (or slow down) anybody bent on taking my car or the contents, but I'm not liking the silence when I lock the doors as I walk away.

The YouTube videos show the siren being mounted in the left rear wheel well, but I never see a controller so my question is if the car has the siren trigger already built in and all I need is to install the siren. Of course, there is a hood switch too, and I have the wires for that near the left side hood hinge by the base of the windshield.

What parts do I need to pull together to make an alarm system that gives me the chirp when I lock the doors?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 02:47 PM   #2
opjose
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstrickland View Post
My '08 E93 is pre-wired for the security system, but I am having a difficult time finding one. Even the local dealership parts department does not see it in RealOEM -- his version.

What do I need to get a chirp when I lock/unlock the doors? I live under no delusions that the alarm will stop (or slow down) anybody bent on taking my car or the contents, but I'm not liking the silence when I lock the doors as I walk away.

The YouTube videos show the siren being mounted in the left rear wheel well, but I never see a controller so my question is if the car has the siren trigger already built in and all I need is to install the siren. Of course, there is a hood switch too, and I have the wires for that near the left side hood hinge by the base of the windshield.

What parts do I need to pull together to make an alarm system that gives me the chirp when I lock the doors?
E90 - Pre-Wired Alarm Retrofit - PDF https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145461
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 03:03 PM   #3
jdstrickland
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 328 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post
E90 - Pre-Wired Alarm Retrofit - PDF https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145461
That lists the E90 and E92, it does not mention the E91 or the E93 (I am specifically interested in the E93).
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 08:01 PM   #4
e91Owner
e91Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 & 2010 e60

Quote:

That lists the E90 and E92, it does not mention the E91 or the E93 (I am specifically interested in the E93).
It's a kit that is no longer produced which is why your dealer can't find it. Ended in 2016. You might be able to find some old stock out there, though. The part number is 65730427835. Doesn't mean that you can't find the parts individually, though. The entirety of the kit is in the photo below, so should be pretty easy.

The link below has all of the individual parts.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/attac...8;d=1198681669
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 01:02 PM   #5
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

i have kit for prewired e93 for sale, if someone interested
      09-14-2021, 01:50 PM   #6
Hoody007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZMZ LCI | 850i/6

Quote:

My understanding is that the ultrasonic sensor is the controller, and the siren is essentially the speaker which receives a signal from the ultrasonic sensor.

Personally, I’m trying to get the blinking clown nose only - I don’t really care about the chirp, although it would be nice. The E84 X1 uses the same parts, and the alarm was standard in NA on the X1, so the modules are readily available on eBay.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 03:55 PM   #7
JonOhh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 330i

Garage List
The e93 is a whole different animal when it comes to the alarm system, and is extremely different in structure, and components. The siren and hood switch are identical, but the interior sensing is quite different.

For the sedan and coupe, at least, just buying the ultrasonic module, which contains the controller will get you the blinking clown nose. The ultrasonic module is the first thing I installed, and without any coding whatsoever, the clown nose worked as expected.

The ultrasonic module alone is quite expensive new. Despite the alarm kit costing close to $300 when it was available, to piece the alarm kit together from brand new components is well over $600.

I think the best route is to buy a used alarm kit from ebay. Typically, they ship from Europe, in my case I found a guy in Poland selling many of them for $100 total, and it all works perfectly fine. The European siren looks a little different, has a different style backup battery, but functions the same- though I think it does sound a little different as I've never heard an E90 alarm sound like mine does on any of the siren options.

Last edited by JonOhh; 09-14-2021 at 04:06 PM..
Appreciate 0