BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-15-2021, 05:43 PM   #1
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Best stuff to grab

So while I'm waiting for mine to arrive, was thinking about the bits I need to order (May as well).

Mats are included so that's fine, but need a boot liner, and probably a top bike rack at least. Anyone got any ideas? For owners, does the standard X3 boot liners fit fine? Or do we need something slightly different?

As for roof based rack attachment, any ideas, sure the OEM one is gonna be uber expensive, any other options worth a look? Don't want the boot one, as don't want a tow bar to be fair.

Anything else worth grabbing?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 01:42 AM   #2
gray1x
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I ordered a generic SUV boot liner off Amazon for £30 and it seems ok. Not perfect but does the job of keeping dog hair off the fabric 🤣

Home charging point would be the obvious one unless you have one already ?

I did get a tow bar so might look into that for bike options but that's further down the road now winter is coming.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 04:52 AM   #3
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks, yeah charge point being sorted, boot liner is an obvious, if the generic ones work OK, I'll probably go that way, westies and white fur make a mess 😂
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 06:28 AM   #4
gray1x
Private
Rep

Yep 2 Vizlsas here and fresh off the pain of vacuuming 3 years worth of their hair off my old X3 boot last weekend before I returned it!

tip : rubber gloves work really well to rub off the hair

Can't see there are any other accessories to get honestly - it's pretty kitted out. It even has an ashtray because apparently it's 1980.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 06:49 AM   #5
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Hehehe, yeah oli noticed that too, because it's built in China I suspect 😂
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 09:44 AM   #6
Hud78
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape View Post
As for roof based rack attachment, any ideas, sure the OEM one is gonna be uber expensive, any other options worth a look?
The OEM bars via a dealer on ebay are surprisingly good value IMO (when compared to something like Thule):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183522450194
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 02:54 PM   #7
iX3 rijder
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BWW iX3

I ordered the removable towing bar to put a bike rack on. Was nice amount to negotiate including the BMW bike rack. The bike rack is nice, small when folded for storage and not heavy at all.

Furthermore a set of paint repair sticks will almost be thrown in for free by the dealer.

I have the High Executive version with all its options, so no need for any extras.

But if not included I strongly recommend the adaptive headlight assistant. Used it in France on small roads and had no upcomers signaling for being bothered. Different from the system on my earlier Ford Kuga.

The BMW boot cover has a flaw; it moves easily and than blocks the rear door closing. Then you need to push the cover further back in the car. Annoying when loaded��. I am experimenting with more Velcro underneath
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 03:15 PM   #8
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I've ordered the pro version (UK spec) so has everything except the tow bar, and as I understand it plugging the towbar in disables a bunch of the automation driving options. Rather put it on the roof anyhow as already have a 'rack' that lays it on its side for easy removal, just need the bars. Hud78 thanks for the link, will order em!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 12:41 AM   #9
gray1x
Private
Rep

Yeah what's with high beam assistance costing extra through software?? This has been standard on my last 3 cars
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 02:17 AM   #10
iX3 rijder
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BWW iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape View Post
I've ordered the pro version (UK spec) so has everything except the tow bar, and as I understand it plugging the towbar in disables a bunch of the automation driving options. Rather put it on the roof anyhow as already have a 'rack' that lays it on its side for easy removal, just need the bars. Hud78 thanks for the link, will order em!
Correct, when something is plugged into the tow bar socket Assisted Driving (with Lane Control) is disabled. The Adaptive Distance Control will continue with Lane Departure Waring. Has some matter to the madness to prevent rapid movement of the car which could cause a hanger behind to act strangely.

In my case it does the same with a bike rack. Can understand the car doesn’t notice difference.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 03:43 AM   #11
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

@gray1x UK cars with pro have it turned on, sure you can 'enable' it on most though with a little bit of coding
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 04:49 AM   #12
gray1x
Private
Rep

Ah I have the standard edition. Will have look around 👀
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 05:13 AM   #13
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray1x View Post
Ah I have the standard edition. Will have look around 👀
Hmmm quick look about on by 225xe, was super simple, looks like on the G bodies might be a little more challenging. Apparently they have a stalk that has a button on it not fitted as standard, on the 225 was push brights one for auto, second for forced on, third for off.

I'd still have a word with some of the coding companies, there may be a way around it.
Appreciate 0