BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-19-2021, 01:58 PM   #1
silver82
Private
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport

IX3 UK charging offer

Has anyone received with the iX3 the following:

Free bp pulse package subscription and IONITY Plus package subscription for 12 months

More info can be found at https://discover.bmw.co.uk/landingpa...harging-offers

When I asked the dealer, they said the didn't know anything about it and when I asked the BMW Genius they said the following:

Please speak to the parts department at Inchcape Reading, they'll be able to order the 'BMW Charging' set up packs. It's an envelope with a credit card type card inside which has a card/account number on the back and a welcome letter/instructions on how to set up your account.

When you have registered, you must enter your vehicle VIN number. The offer is the automatically activated and can be seen listed in the customers contract as an applied promotion code/voucher.

I assumed that this should come together with the car or during the handover.

What are your experiences?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 03:16 PM   #2
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Not received mine yet, but was honestly kinda expecting it to be given to me with the keys when I do pick it up.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 05:28 PM   #3
gray1x
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Yep got this. When you register the car in the app you then register for BMW charging app (but use same login details) and then it offers you it. Sign up for free and they send the card in the post.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 06:33 PM   #4
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Have to check this, as already signed up for the app, and bmw charging with the 225xe, else have to 'prompt' dealer to sort it out I suppose.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 06:35 AM   #5
DaveCV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

This offer has become something that I wish that I had avoided. Firstly, the car’s VIN had been allocated to another account. That has taken the Dealer and me 2 weeks to resolve. BMW Charging has now billed me for BP Pulse. As I post, the problem has been escalated for resolution which probably means another 2 week wait before I phone again.

Last edited by DaveCV; 09-20-2021 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 07:14 AM   #6
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Make sure you talk them into extending the 'free' bits for another couple of months for your trouble. Would have thought that's the worst they can do.
Appreciate 1
DaveCV37.00
      09-20-2021, 01:16 PM   #7
iX3 rijder
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BWW iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCV View Post
This offer has become something that I wish that I had avoided. Firstly, the car’s VIN had been allocated to another account. That has taken the Dealer and me 2 weeks to resolve. BMW Charging has now billed me for BP Pulse. As I post, the problem has been escalated for resolution which probably means another 2 week wait before I phone again.
And I was thinking I was the only one with issues with them

Took them three months (!) to explain the card is linked to a car and NOT to the driver/person paying the bill. I was initially lead to believe I could change car on the same card, but this appeared impossible.
Now they are struggling to have my charge sessions appear in my account/app, which is strange as they neatly appear in each month’s invoice! Only dragging replies and no action. Luckily Shell/NewMotion exists!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 01:41 PM   #8
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

BP haven't got a great reputation in the ev world to be fair, after all used to be chargemaster 😂
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 07:30 AM   #9
JAV64
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Flex Tariff

So joined up with the BMW Flex Tariff and waiting for the RFID to arrive in the post. So used the mobile app yesterday at an Instavolt Station. Standard Tariff price is 40p kwh. With the Flex Tariff the cost for 12 months is reduced to 23p kwh. This is for the 50kwh charger. in 32 minutes the car charged 20kwh. So the total at Instavolt came to £8.13p. For me with the reduced tariff it came to £4.60. Looked at the portal this morning, the cheeky blighters have charged me £8.34! that's 31p more than Instavolt let alone the reduced rate!

Phoned charging support and boy oh boy can those guys speak English or what. I was saying one thing and they were saying another. Lol! I asked where are you based, UK they said. Anyway 60 minutes finally managed to explain to them in detail and they had my account in front of them. Lol they said "Please send an email explaining everything". 60 f*****g minutes for nothing.

Anyway complained to BMW and they said this is nothing to do with them as they partnered with another team and so out of their control. What a farce.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 08:00 AM   #10
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Can't make it up 😂 worth trying instavolt their customer support team is usually excellent
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 01:37 PM   #11
iX3 rijder
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BWW iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape View Post
Have to check this, as already signed up for the app, and bmw charging with the 225xe, else have to 'prompt' dealer to sort it out I suppose.
Be aware the card is linked to the car so when you hand in your 225 (like I did) you need to cancel that contract and open a new one. Took me three months to figure this out as Client Support was not very clear on how to handle changing cars. For me it became obvious BMW Charging is based on the lease-car market where the driver is not a relevant party. The party paying the invoice and the link to a car are their targets. Private owners trading in cars appeared almost a one-of-a-kind occasion.
BMW Charging is in Holland contracted to Digital Charging Solutions (DCS) which definitely can improve their act.
Latest one is a reply I got today: they cannot manage to show charging abroad until the invoice! I went to France the other day and will only find the transactions till their invoice comes. Shell Recharge reported charging in France 4 days after transaction! Weird.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 03:26 PM   #12
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for the heads up!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 07:47 AM   #13
gray1x
Private
Rep

Got my iX3 on 10 September and signed up to this offer - the app shows it as free.

However just received my first charge and they have taken c£13 so currently trying to escalate for refund.

Just a heads-up for people to check their accounts - i only spotted because I get a notification on my phone for transactions!

I know it's not a lot of money but it's just a pain - and honestly I probably wouldn't pay for the sub if I had the choice

Last edited by gray1x; 10-18-2021 at 07:56 AM..
Appreciate 1
the_ape101.50
      10-18-2021, 12:17 PM   #14
Readingfc1871
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3, BMW M135iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray1x View Post
Got my iX3 on 10 September and signed up to this offer - the app shows it as free.

However just received my first charge and they have taken c£13 so currently trying to escalate for refund.

Just a heads-up for people to check their accounts - i only spotted because I get a notification on my phone for transactions!

I know it's not a lot of money but it's just a pain - and honestly I probably wouldn't pay for the sub if I had the choice
It is pretty well known cock up that has caught lots of people out. I called them about 10 days ago and they said they would sort and refund took about 3 mins to sort (hopefully).
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 06:44 AM   #15
JAV64
Private First Class
Rep

Flex Tariff

Just follow up on my previous message above. In fairness to BMW the charge of £8.34 stands as i charged the car from Instavolt and there are no discounts with the company. However when I logged in to check my invoice I discovered that I had been charged a monthly subscription for both BP Pulse and Ionity packages. I phoned in and told them there was 12 month free subscription for new BMW ix3,i4 and ix. They checked and five days later they credited the BP Pulse fee and still left the Ionity charge on. So got in touch with them again and told them and now waiting for a credit on that too. So unprofessional.
Appreciate 1
gray1x12.00
      10-19-2021, 07:49 AM   #16
DaveCV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAV64 View Post
Just follow up on my previous message above. In fairness to BMW the charge of £8.34 stands as i charged the car from Instavolt and there are no discounts with the company. However when I logged in to check my invoice I discovered that I had been charged a monthly subscription for both BP Pulse and Ionity packages. I phoned in and told them there was 12 month free subscription for new BMW ix3,i4 and ix. They checked and five days later they credited the BP Pulse fee and still left the Ionity charge on. So got in touch with them again and told them and now waiting for a credit on that too. So unprofessional.
BMW has now admitted that iX3 owners were signed up to the wrong offer. BMW DCS emailed me last week to say that refunds are being organised.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 05:23 PM   #17
kevz65
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Should this be given at handover then or do you just register afterwards?
2021 G08 IX3 [ordered]
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 06:01 PM   #18
gray1x
Private
Rep

When you register for BMW charging account you link your vehicle and it should recognise it.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 06:11 PM   #19
Enjoli
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 3 series 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver82 View Post
Has anyone received with the iX3 the following:

Free bp pulse package subscription and IONITY Plus package subscription for 12 months

More info can be found at https://discover.bmw.co.uk/landingpa...harging-offers

When I asked the dealer, they said the didn't know anything about it and when I asked the BMW Genius they said the following:

Please speak to the parts department at Inchcape Reading, they'll be able to order the 'BMW Charging' set up packs. It's an envelope with a credit card type card inside which has a card/account number on the back and a welcome letter/instructions on how to set up your account.

When you have registered, you must enter your vehicle VIN number. The offer is the automatically activated and can be seen listed in the customers contract as an applied promotion code/voucher.

I assumed that this should come together with the car or during the handover.

What are your experiences?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 08:54 AM   #20
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3

So I tried to apply for the BMW charging ofer with Ionity and BP Pulse but couldn't complete because they require a credit card or paypal details, I don't have either of these. Has anyone else experienced this issue? or managed to apply with a debit card?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 09:36 AM   #21
gray1x
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IX3 Vines View Post
So I tried to apply for the BMW charging ofer with Ionity and BP Pulse but couldn't complete because they require a credit card or paypal details, I don't have either of these. Has anyone else experienced this issue? or managed to apply with a debit card?
I used a debit card so not sure why it doesn't like it
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 09:52 AM   #22
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray1x View Post
I used a debit card so not sure why it doesn't like it
Thanks gray1x, I will try calling them
Appreciate 0