E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I’m not even sure where to start.. MHD trouble

09-22-2021, 12:45 AM   #1
Kenneykickin
///Kenney
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i / 06 330xi

I’m not even sure where to start.. MHD trouble

Well back again with another problem. Long story short. Car is in recovery mode from MHD flash. It’s failing to flash maps. I can’t even get it to flash back to stock.. I’m concerned as I’ve had this issue happen before with COBB.. car ended up being stuck in recovery mode.. ecu got bricked. Took it dealer and they ended up frying everything.. ended up having to replace CAS and eeprom? According to my mechanic. Wondering if this is causing any issues still or my car is wrote locked still from the Cobb? Wouldn’t replacing that stuff unlock it? Or wouldn’t MHD detect that before even attempting a flash?

I’ just don’t know what to do…

2006 330xi / sedan / black and saddle brown / sport, cold weather & premium / stock - mine! ( purchased 04/01/2014 )
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 12:55 AM   #2
Kenneykickin
///Kenney
United_States
Rep

The whole issue started with my old COBB v2 only flashing about 3-4% of a map before it would say failure to connect ( thought it was a bad card ) ordered a new one. Still same issue.

Had car towed to Bmw to have it flashed back tk “stock” had power and all when it arrived just didn’t start… was in recovery mode.

Few days later they call me saying car is completely dead.. no power at all. I was like what… car had power when dropped it off.. anyways after some back and fourth between them and them telling me they wanted to start with replacing the “cas” for $1200 but wasn’t a gaurentee it would fix it.

I ended up having it towed to another shop and they ended up replacing cas and EEPROM or something along those lines. Got the car started and running. For the most part it has been running decent other than a few small issues that arrised after getting it back like back windows are finicky ( they do work tho ) and the passenger front heated seats button works but it’ll auto turn its self off in like 10 seconds.

So idk if it’s finicky electronics or somehow I’m doing something wrong…
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 12:56 AM   #3
Kenneykickin
///Kenney
United_States
Rep

It’s been about 6 months since having those replaced and getting car back running. Just yesterday tried doing the MHD

Low voltage? 0? What does that mean? Car had power.. was hooked up to a 6 amp charger from ports under the hood
Attached Images

Last edited by Kenneykickin; 09-22-2021 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 12:52 AM   #4
matamua
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 e93 335i, FBO, m3 control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneykickin View Post
It’s been about 6 months since having those replaced and getting car back running. Just yesterday tried doing the MHD

Low voltage? 0? What does that mean? Car had power.. was hooked up to a 6 amp charger from ports under the hood
I wasn't able to flash with the charger on the posts under the hood. Directly hooked up to the battery worked.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 06:07 PM   #5
Kenneykickin
///Kenney
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matamua View Post
I wasn't able to flash with the charger on the posts under the hood. Directly hooked up to the battery worked.
I just tried with jumper cables under ports under car hooked to a idling car and still same thing… I will try that
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 06:51 PM   #6
matamua
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 e93 335i, FBO, m3 control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneykickin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by matamua View Post
I just tried with jumper cables under ports under car hooked to a idling car and still same thing… I will try that
I tried that as well with my wife's Lexus. Didn't work. That's when I bought the charger. Tried at the posts under the hood first. That didn't work. Then I went straight to the battery and waited a few hours until it was at 100% charge. Worked fine then.

I did try flashing with a cable first, and it did not work. That's why I bought the dongle.
Appreciate 0