F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Radiator fan not working
GetBMWParts

10-12-2021, 06:01 PM   #1
Ashhong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Radiator fan not working

Hi guys, so I recently had the pleasure of replacing my valve cover gasket and oil filter housing gasket. Well after all that, I was running my engine and got a overheating message and noticed that my radiator fan wasn't spinning. I tested it with direct power and it still didn't spin.

Now I did run a water hose down the front of my engine to clean off some of the oil, including down the radiator fan area. Could I be missing something here or did I fry the fan control module? I took it all out and can't really see a place where water would get into it but it's the only thing I can think of. Please help before I have to source a used one or something
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 05:57 PM   #2
F30.335
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

It happened immediately after replacing the VCG? After hosing the front too? Possibly might have fried the sensor or a sensor. If it happened immediately after, likely has to do with one or the other.
How many miles do you have?
I had the same problem with my radiator fan not turning on and the overheating message. But it happened to me out of no where.
Replaced my fan, thermostat, and water pump.. none solved it.
It was the dme. Have it checked it out. If it’s not the dme then I can sell you my functioning used radiator fan. Hope this helps you. Would of helped me.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 06:06 PM   #3
Ashhong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30.335 View Post
It happened immediately after replacing the VCG? After hosing the front too? Possibly might have fried the sensor or a sensor. If it happened immediately after, likely has to do with one or the other.
How many miles do you have?
I had the same problem with my radiator fan not turning on and the overheating message. But it happened to me out of no where.
Replaced my fan, thermostat, and water pump.. none solved it.
It was the dme. Have it checked it out. If it’s not the dme then I can sell you my functioning used radiator fan. Hope this helps you. Would of helped me.
Thanks but this was just my inexperience showing. The fan kicked in fine when I tested it again. I must have been testing direct power incorrectly because of the trigger wire on the fan. and the overheating message was simply a BMW warning that comes up when the hood is open and the engine is hot lol. I made a new thread with actual issues if you have any additional insight

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28164046
Appreciate 0