BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-21-2021, 12:53 AM   #1
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Sat Nav forgets destination

I’ve been starting to use the built in sat nav a little. It needs to gain my trust over my trusty connected TomTom, which has steered me round many delays!

I entered my destination at the start of a long journey. Following a brief charge stop, I noticed that it had cleared the destination. Even after a brief stop with no charging it did the same.

Has anybody else experienced this? Any work arounds? I don’t want to enter my destination again after every stop.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 07:01 AM   #2
Hud78
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Hmmm. Not had that.

Did have a road closed ahead the other day thought and it was poor at rerouting - ended up re-entering the destination to force it. Admittedly it could have been fat fingers on my part! Also found the spoken instructions couldn't be disabled during the diversion part of the new route! Again, could be user error I guess!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 09:54 AM   #3
thecork
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
I’ve been starting to use the built in sat nav a little. It needs to gain my trust over my trusty connected TomTom, which has steered me round many delays!

I entered my destination at the start of a long journey. Following a brief charge stop, I noticed that it had cleared the destination. Even after a brief stop with no charging it did the same.

Has anybody else experienced this? Any work arounds? I don’t want to enter my destination again after every stop.
Yup I've noticed this too. Very frustrating. Popped into a garage to grab a drink. Came back out and it had cleared.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 11:30 AM   #4
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

The couple times used mine it pops up saying do you want to continue, admitidly only after a few mins of moving again. I use ABRP anyhow on android auto most of the time to be fair now.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 09:13 AM   #5
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3

I have stopped at a garage on route recently with an active route and it picked up when I got back in, I had left the car on so the wife could hear her music though.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 02:24 AM   #6
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

I read last night that the sat nav remembers the last journey. So when it does forget the destination, you should just be able to go into the journeys section, and reinstate it. Definitely a bug though!
Appreciate 0