BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-24-2021, 06:16 AM   #1
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Edition Pro

BMW Charging App within iDrive

Hi All,

One of the installed apps on the iDrive system is the BMW Charging App (built-in equivalent to the app we have on our phones I guess). When I look at either the MyBMW or BMW Charging Apps, it shows I have an active contract but when I check in the car, it says that there is no active contract in place.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? I would ask BMW Genius but cannot get a hold of them just now
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 08:59 AM   #2
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by t41l589 View Post
Hi All,

One of the installed apps on the iDrive system is the BMW Charging App (built-in equivalent to the app we have on our phones I guess). When I look at either the MyBMW or BMW Charging Apps, it shows I have an active contract but when I check in the car, it says that there is no active contract in place.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? I would ask BMW Genius but cannot get a hold of them just now
Hi mate, I have exactly the same situation. I have even used the BMW charge card to see if that would register it in the car however still the same message "no active account registered to the car " or something similar
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 12:40 PM   #3
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Don't think the system is enabled at the moment in the UK, in Germany / Holland they have plug and walk away working with thr Ionity chargers, so the car does all the auth etc, and all you have to do is plug the car in. Ut it's pilot I think and only a few areas, so I'd expect it to expand, and when does that is the app that manages it all.
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2021, 06:50 AM   #4
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape View Post
Don't think the system is enabled at the moment in the UK, in Germany / Holland they have plug and walk away working with thr Ionity chargers, so the car does all the auth etc, and all you have to do is plug the car in. Ut it's pilot I think and only a few areas, so I'd expect it to expand, and when does that is the app that manages it all.
Thanks the_ape, we need not worry about this then.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 04:50 AM   #5
esgbeamer14
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X2, iX3

I have the same issue and phoned BMW. The 'call' has been open for some time (a month) and I've sent pics of what I'm seeing on screen. At no time has anyone in BMW suggested that this feature is not active in the UK. If that's the case that it is, it's poor service and product knowledge.

Shall forget about it for a while though will feed this into BMW for their comment.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 03:17 AM   #6
Nuno Pinto
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape View Post
Very interesting, is this “plug and walk” available in The Netherlands?? Does it means we do not need to swipe the card ?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 03:25 AM   #7
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

From the press release it is on some chargers apparently, and yeah should mean no cards. Never used it obv as in the UK 😂
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 03:28 PM   #8
KeesAMS
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Charge and walk is called Autocharge and is intended to work for all CCS equipped cars. Basically your CCS port has an unique identifier number which you can register with compatible charging providers such as Fastned. More information can be found on the Fastned website:

https://support.fastned.nl/hc/en-gb/...27-Autocharge-
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 12:12 AM   #9
MATR
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30e

Seems like it's only a select few manufacturers that can do this in IONITY? Sounds like it needs new hardware?

https://insideevs.com/news/540356/io...harge-feature/
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 03:28 AM   #10
Nuno Pinto
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3

Well, we have to agree that the EV world is in his infancy…2021 was the beginning of Ev to the masses… lots of tech will come.
Appreciate 0