BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-01-2021, 08:57 AM   #1
supersebbo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier Pro (Dec 21)

M40i to iX3! Hi all!

Just a quick hello to the iX3 forum, I took delivery of my UK iX3 Premier Pro last week, having sold my X3 M40i!

Not had chance to use it much, but loving it so far! Did Cheltenham to Heathrow T3 and back at 80mph motorway speeds the other day and managed it with 24 miles to spare (just me on the way down, 2 passengers and a lot of luggage on the way back). So my 'real-world' range seems to be about 210-220 miles, which is fine for me.

7kW charger installed at home and once I figured out the 'AC Charging Limit' option on the iDrive, this is working a treat. Octopus Go tariff so getting 5p/kWh on the charges, makes driving work out at about 1p per mile and still as fun as the M40i in my opinion!

Will post more as it comes!
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2021, 09:18 AM   #2
supersebbo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier Pro (Dec 21)

Oh on the negatives... despite supposedly being a 'full spec' X3, the Premier Pro edition is lacking the rear-seat heating and the steering wheel heating that my M40i had.

The pre-condition makes the wheel heating less important, but my rear-seat passengers are annoyed about their cold bums!

Not a fault of the BMW but on EV ownership in general, I had planned to charge for an hour at Heathrow T3 Short-stay while I waited for my passengers, but all 4 PodPoint chargers were faulty. ALL FOUR! PodPoint wouldn't even answer the phone when I tried to report it.
Appreciate 0