BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-11-2021, 06:47 AM   #1
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Edition Pro

Winter Tire Sizes

Hi all.

I’m currently looking in to getting a set of used winter tires for my premier pro. As the tire sizes are staggered on the Premier editions, I was wondering if anyone knew whether a set of 245/45/20 all round would fit? The factory fitted rears are 275/40/20 so I’m not sure whether the smaller width would mean the tires at the rear would be slightly stretched or not? I’m guessing the rear wheels are slightly wider but haven’t got around to measuring them yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 10:21 AM   #2
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by t41l589 View Post
Hi all.

I’m currently looking in to getting a set of used winter tires for my premier pro. As the tire sizes are staggered on the Premier editions, I was wondering if anyone knew whether a set of 245/45/20 all round would fit? The factory fitted rears are 275/40/20 so I’m not sure whether the smaller width would mean the tires at the rear would be slightly stretched or not? I’m guessing the rear wheels are slightly wider but haven’t got around to measuring them yet.
The wheels will be the size that corresponds to the quoted tyre width. 245 front and 275 rear.

I’m pretty sure that it is illegal to fit incorrectly sized tyres onto your wheels. If it isn’t illegal, it is certainly not safe, and would be frowned upon.

May be better to get together with another forum member, and get a set of 275s and a set of 245s, and then split them between you.
Appreciate 1