BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-20-2021, 03:47 PM   #1
Stimo66
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

IX3 Parking Assist - any advice?

Hi all,

Had my M Sport Pro delivered today - what a car - looks even better up close and have had a great few hours driving around seeing how it performs!
One question though - anyone else having trouble with park assist? The system ‘pings’ when it finds a space but it all seems hit and miss in whether it actually decides to park itself!

I’ve found a few vids on line for the BMW park assist - but these either seem a different (older) system, or else show the car performing the operation but w/o the ‘how’ and the steps one should take.

Counting the days already ‘till i do the alloys so any help appreciated.

Ta!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 04:37 PM   #2
greyt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 & iX3

It is really unintuitive to use reliably. Although my main mistakes were normally a mixture of not indicating, not putting the car in reverse, not letting go of the steering wheel or holding the park assist button for long enough. Basically, getting it all set up quickly is prone to screw something up.

It is cute when it works but becomes pointless pretty quickly when you have surround view etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 06:40 PM   #3
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Never had issue, when you want to park it dings as you go past a space it can park in (make sure on in settings) just stop, press the park button and with foot on brake tap the space, and it parks.

If you know you want to park, at lower speed, tap parking button and as you drive past a space it can gitbitln a rectangle will pop up, tap it it parks, a greyed out rectangle will pop up if the space is big enough, but some obstruction won't let the cat do it itself.

Horizontal rectangle is spark in a typical car park space, vertical is reverse parking on a street sort of space.
Appreciate 0