BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-31-2021, 05:57 PM   #1
Spiderstu
Rep
Drives: X3 30d > iX3

First longish UK trip - anxiety free

Made my first longer distance trip this week from the East Midlands to Manchester (UK) and back and was pleasantly surprised to find the real world range to be about 240 miles - exactly as I expected. It was anxiety free and had about 30% left in the tank on my return.

My opinion about the assisted driving steering is less positive though - maybe it takes a lot of getting used to.

Hope you all have a happy new year.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 03:38 PM   #2
JAV64
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

That's pretty impressive and the fact you have 30% left. What did the car show when you set off? I have the pro edition and lucky if I get 200miles. in fact I went to charge the car yesterday and maximum was 180miles!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2022, 03:32 AM   #3
amy.grange
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35d, BMW iX3 Premier Ed

We’ve been getting around 180/190 miles in our premier edition. (We live in the hilly Peak District).

However, notably the past 2 days with milder temperatures, it has been better… maybe 220/230 miles!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2022, 03:23 PM   #4
Spiderstu
Rep
Drives: X3 30d > iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAV64 View Post
That's pretty impressive and the fact you have 30% left. What did the car show when you set off? I have the pro edition and lucky if I get 200miles. in fact I went to charge the car yesterday and maximum was 180miles!
I set out with 100%, the expected range T that point was about 150 miles - but I knew that was wildly out because up to that point I had only done short runs around town.

I’m repeating the same journey today and tomorrow so will find out if it was a freak or if it was a good indication of true range.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2022, 03:42 PM   #5
IX3 KING
Rep
Drives: Bmw ix3

What is the real world range in the m sport pro they say 280 miles
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 05:16 AM   #6
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderstu View Post
I set out with 100%, the expected range T that point was about 150 miles - but I knew that was wildly out because up to that point I had only done short runs around town.

I’m repeating the same journey today and tomorrow so will find out if it was a freak or if it was a good indication of true range.
Short runs around town should give you a higher predicted range. Drag increases with the square of vehicle speed, and is the bigger killer for range. If you drove up the motorway at 30mph you may get close to the quoted range!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 06:11 AM   #7
Hud78
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
Short runs around town should give you a higher predicted range. Drag increases with the square of vehicle speed, and is the bigger killer for range. If you drove up the motorway at 30mph you may get close to the quoted range!
....only if preconditioning is done when power is available from a charge point. We always precondition from the car's battery (to utilise the cheap rate electricity overnight) so a lot of short trips means there's a disproportionate amount of battery use for heating, meaning miles per kWh is lower.
Appreciate 0