BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-04-2022, 08:43 AM   #1
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

In dealer for the recall

Just had the recall done (for the radar) and the dealer has updated to latest software version, took forever and had 3 updates to do. So worth asking dealer to do it whilst in for tour recall work.
      01-04-2022, 09:10 AM   #2
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Edition Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape View Post
Just had the recall done (for the radar) and the dealer has updated to latest software version, took forever and had 3 updates to do. So worth asking dealer to do it whilst in for tour recall work.
I have mine booked in for 19th Jan. How long did it take in total? Hoping I can drop mine off in the morning and collect later same day.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 09:17 AM   #3
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Is it the 2021-07 software that they have upgraded you to?

Has it enabled either the battery preconditioning, or the lane change assist?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 09:19 AM   #4
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t41l589 View Post
I have mine booked in for 19th Jan. How long did it take in total? Hoping I can drop mine off in the morning and collect later same day.
Mine is in this coming Monday. They said they need the car for the whole day. At least they are picking it up and dropping it back for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 09:21 AM   #5
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Came in at 12:30, left half 2

All the programming I'd done has been nuked, had to reset seats and customisations for a load of stuff too. Just be warned.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 09:37 AM   #6
The shadow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CP

Quote:
Came in at 12:30, left half 2

All the programming I'd done has been nuked, had to reset seats and customisations for a load of stuff too. Just be warned.
Assume you can save your profile to usb like other bmw vehicles?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 10:00 AM   #7
KSTR35
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3

Quote:
Do you know what the 3 updates were? Just so I know what to ask for!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 10:19 AM   #8
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The shadow View Post
Assume you can save your profile to usb like other bmw vehicles?
You can force it to download your data from BMW, so that's OK for seats and stations and the likes, but anything you coded in the car using lappy gets nuked, my seats were also wrong jfyi, dunno why.. Mirrors were right though, go figure.

Just recoding stuff make sure it all works, like sports plus, etc, and boost mode, gotta have me some xtraboost mode 😂

Name:  20220104_162014.jpg
Views: 2230
Size:  229.0 KB

Name:  20220104_162025.jpg
Views: 2234
Size:  248.2 KB

Name:  20220104_162049.jpg
Views: 2130
Size:  236.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 10:26 AM   #9
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSTR35 View Post
Do you know what the 3 updates were? Just so I know what to ask for!
He didn't say, just said the system did three updates, suspect one was the recall update, but that need 07/2021

Current firmware running is 07/2021.85
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 11:31 AM   #10
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You can force it to download your data from BMW, so that's OK for seats and stations and the likes, but anything you coded in the car using lappy gets nuked, my seats were also wrong jfyi, dunno why.. Mirrors were right though, go figure.

Just recoding stuff make sure it all works, like sports plus, etc, and boost mode, gotta have me some xtraboost mode 😂
What is the Standard Plus / Sport Plus / Sport XtraBoost? Did you get those through your E-Sys coding?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 11:33 AM   #11
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Edition Pro

Quote:

Attachment 2780068

Attachment 2780069

Attachment 2780070
Sorry, going slightly off topic but what does the PLUS and XTRABOOST modes give you? and how did you go about coding them in?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 11:54 AM   #12
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Sport plus is simple enough, and if you have an ethernet obd2 connector can even be done on android through bimmercode, if you have bimmer code, android, ethernet and usbc hub/usbc enet adapter then,

Go into BC set it up with enet (see guide on their site) connect with car on, goto the Head Unit option, advanced search for plus (if memory serves, just done it should remember!) find the option to enable it in idrive, set to enabled, comfort plus in there too.

Once that's done the HU reboots and you have the options in the head unit, but don't work yet.

Now head into the BDC, advanced, search for sport, find the three that say sportworldmode0/1/2 go into 1 and select Sport Expert, do similar for Comfort if you want that and set to comfort plus.

I've still not quite got Boost working properly, so steer clear for now, that's just there for me to play with to get working. It should 'overboost' the motor for 8 seconds like the i4 has, but sem to be missing something, and doesn't activate yet. So I'll get that working and post.

If those instructions don't make sense, I'll put something up over the weekend, just spent an hour recoding everything (heated seat temps etc etc) so can't be bothered to set it all up again at the moment, not done Lane change again yet, as lappy was on third floor, and the stuff I wanted/needed could be done on BC.
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2022, 11:59 AM   #13
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t41l589 View Post
Sorry, going slightly off topic but what does the PLUS and XTRABOOST modes give you? and how did you go about coding them in?
XtraBoost nothing at the moment, it's the PHEV use motor+elec mode, and is what the i4 use for Boost mode, trying to work out what I'm missing with settings on that. As for sport plus, it's quicker, loosens the traction control a little allow for some slip angle, increases throttle response even more.

Drops my 0-60 from 6.5 to 5.9 using Drag Racer app, not 100% accuracy, but same stretch of 'private road' and same conditions etc. Not night and day, but deffo snappier.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 02:19 PM   #14
greyt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 & iX3

Quote:
XtraBoost nothing at the moment, it's the PHEV use motor+elec mode, and is what the i4 use for Boost mode, trying to work out what I'm missing with settings on that. As for sport plus, it's quicker, loosens the traction control a little allow for some slip angle, increases throttle response even more.

Drops my 0-60 from 6.5 to 5.9 using Drag Racer app, not 100% accuracy, but same stretch of 'private road' and same conditions etc. Not night and day, but deffo snappier.
Sounds very interesting. I have an old Ethernet OBD connector that I used to use with ESys for my 335D. Was looking at just getting Bimmercode and a supported Bluetooth adapter for my IPhone.. Are you saying that the changes you are making have to be done over Ethernet?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 02:58 PM   #15
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah, can't be done over BT as the BDC cannot be coded using it. Only via ethernet (or another powered option) on G series cars.
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2022, 04:52 PM   #16
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quick point of note, some of the apps disappeared after the new update, they are or have come back, however drive recorder is listed but doesn't launch yet, will give it a day and see, perhaps force restart the head unit if it doesn't. Also the self driving seems to perform different, 'feels' like it's driving routes that I'd done a lot in the past with previous software differently, not as confidence inspiring, but perhaps that's because it feels different and needs me to get used to its new habits, although older used to favour the kerb side of the road, and new version feels to favour the center line.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 08:10 AM   #17
supersebbo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier Pro (Dec 21)

Possibly to better avoid cyclists!

Personally I thought it was a little too close the kerb before so maybe I'll like the change. My car had the update today and I'm collecting it at 5pm!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 11:02 AM   #18
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersebbo View Post
Possibly to better avoid cyclists!

Personally I thought it was a little too close the kerb before so maybe I'll like the change. My car had the update today and I'm collecting it at 5pm!
Let me know if yours feels similar, and that drive recorder is working on yours, even if I press the hard drive recorder button it just launches the camera's same as if you press the park assist stuff.

I'll see what it does, else BMW will be having a visit again 😂
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 12:38 PM   #19
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Well patience is a virtue it seems, drive recorder working again... So there ya go, just have to wait. BMW charging still doesn't seem to be linked correctly somewhere it still says no bmw-charging account on my bmw account.. Damn sure is and has been for about 4 years! Oh well. Can't have everything
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 07:07 AM   #20
supersebbo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier Pro (Dec 21)

I have similar problems with the BMW Charging App, won't let me sign in using my driver profile.

Tested the self-drive over the weekend, definitely feels different, can't tell if better or worse. Felt like the old system made late and large steering inputs, the new system seems to make more frequent smaller inputs. This has the overall efect of making it feel 'twitchier' as it nudges about more.

Good news is that I encountered some cyclist on the route and it was much better at detecting them (displaying them as motorcycles on the display like you mentioned).
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 08:26 AM   #21
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Mine is in with Ocean BMW in Plymouth today.

So far, they have sent me messages about:
- Replacement wiper blades and air con refresh (for my 2 month old vehicle)
- Spreading my servicing costs into monthly payments (for a car that they know is a leased company car)
- Free valuation (for my 2 month old leased vehicle)
- Would I like a 1 litre bottle of oil? (for an electric car)

Beginning to lose faith in their abilities...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 08:32 AM   #22
lakmus
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX3 Impressive

I got mine updated today at dealer to 07/2021.85 (booked time because DC charging was acting up). Took ~3 hours, they also mentioned the radar update they did.

No pre-conditioning app - or any other notable differences outside few changes in wording. BMW Charging app is now working (but doesn't really do anything besides show a QR code and active charging plan name).
Appreciate 0