BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-06-2022, 03:47 AM   #1
Hud78
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Spotify has disappeared!

Hi All. Bit of a strange one...

Been using the Spotify app built into iDrive (not via a phone / bluetooth / Android Auto etc) since day one. Yesterday it disappeared from the menu! It's gone from all user profiles plus the guest profile, so it's not a user setting thing, and it hasn't been removed due to customising the 'media' menu items.

I've tried refreshing apps (it says there are no updates), so I'm stuck! Anyone got any other ideas on how to get it back?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 02:01 PM   #2
willows
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 High Executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud78 View Post

Been using the Spotify app built into iDrive (not via a phone / bluetooth / Android Auto etc) since day one. Yesterday it disappeared from the menu! It's gone from all user profiles plus the guest profile, so it's not a user setting thing, and it hasn't been removed due to customising the 'media' menu items.

I've tried refreshing apps (it says there are no updates), so I'm stuck! Anyone got any other ideas on how to get it back?
Not sure it wil work but you can try to reset the iDrive by pressing the volume button for 30 seconds.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 03:18 PM   #3
silver82
Private
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport

Quote:

Try to add a new profile. Does the BMW music shown in the menu instead?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 05:24 PM   #4
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Spotify issue. You must have been running an older app version on your mobile and it got updated...it's not a BMW issue. Google for older Spotify version..uninstall your current version and then the older version.

OR....your connecteddrive subscription is out. Is your car 3+ years old? If so, then your sub ran out. Believe it's @~$200/annual and you can order online
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 03:17 AM   #5
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Edition Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
Spotify issue. You must have been running an older app version on your mobile and it got updated...it's not a BMW issue. Google for older Spotify version..uninstall your current version and then the older version.

OR....your connecteddrive subscription is out. Is your car 3+ years old? If so, then your sub ran out. Believe it's @~$200/annual and you can order online
Spotify should come built-in to iDrive on all G08 models and is not dependant on versions installed on mobile devices etc. The issue for some appears to be that Spotify is removed from idrive completely with no apparent reason.

Spotify on mobile devices/carplay/androidauto is completely seperate.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 03:20 AM   #6
Hud78
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t41l589 View Post
Spotify should come built-in to iDrive on all G08 models and is not dependant on versions installed on mobile devices etc. The issue for some appears to be that Spotify is removed from idrive completely with no apparent reason.

Spotify on mobile devices/carplay/androidauto is completely seperate.
Agree. The version I'm talking about is built into iDrive. The phone didn't need to be with the car for it to work.

I'll try a new profile then resetting iDrive later. I suspect it's not profile related since the (not used since day 1) guest profile doesn't have it available either.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 03:25 AM   #7
Hud78
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver82 View Post
Try to add a new profile. Does the BMW music shown in the menu instead?
That's interesting though, because BMW Music is 'booked until 7th May 2022' according to the connected drive store. I think it has been since day 1 though...although I have never found anything related to it in the menus in the car. I assumed it was required for the spotify data streaming.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 12:20 PM   #8
Nuno Pinto
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3

Is there a way to restore Spotify on the iDrive system ??? I noticed that it is not there, even though I use the Napster because it is free
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 05:03 AM   #9
Hud78
Private
Rep

My Spotify app came back on its own after a few days. Not sure it's the same issue you have though - I don't think I've ever seen Napster in the menu.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 08:24 AM   #10
Nuno Pinto
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3

Quote:
My Spotify app came back on its own after a few days. Not sure it's the same issue you have though - I don't think I've ever seen Napster in the menu.
Napster is the service that delivers the “connected music”
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 06:02 AM   #11
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

ThinknNaostet is only in certain territories
Appreciate 0