BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-06-2022, 04:18 AM   #1
supersebbo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier Pro (Dec 21)

Comfort Access Quirks - Rear Doors

This might just be a setting I'm missing, but the comfort access on my iX3 seems to have different behaviour to my X3.

The most frustrating thing is that if I stop the car, get out the drivers door and then try to open the rear door (to get the kids or shopping out) it will not open. Sometimes after repeated grabbing (looking like a mad man) it will eventually open, but most of the time I have to resort to double-pressing the keyfob to get the back doors to unlock after stopping.

Similarly, I cannot lock the car from rear doors. On the old X3 touching the 'ribbed' section on the rear door would lock the car, just like the front door, but on the iX3 it does not.

I thought perhaps my rear door touch-sensors were faulty, but that was ruled out because when un-locking from fully locked, I can acheive this by just grabbing the rear door handle.

Has anyone else had similar issues? Or know of a setting that changes this?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 04:32 AM   #2
tc_303
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3

Not quite the same but ive had a couple of little issues (might just be me) but....

Ill open the car, put my daughter into her car seat, walk around to the drivers door and as i reach for the handle the car locks. This is a matter of seconds, not minutes.

Also, have noticed that sometimes when i get out of the car and press the button for the boot to open it does nothing. I have to lock the car then press the button for the boot to open.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 04:55 AM   #3
Cossa
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3

Same here, minor & similar locks issues. One key opens all locks, other key only drivers door. Maybe an option buried in the idrive menu to change the default. Also the driver profile isn't always recognised correctly with each key for me yet (think this feature learns behaviour over time).
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 05:08 AM   #4
supersebbo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah things seem to be very intermittent and slow when it somes to driver profiles and comfort access generally.

I too have experienced the issue where the key fob just stops responding for a few seconds, to open the boot and sometimes to lock the car - I certainly can't trust it to lock when I press the lock button on the fob, sometimes it takes 5-6 presses.

Also the auto-heated-seat function (below a certain temp) has started playing up recently. I have the threshold set at 10 degrees and it was working fine in 8-9 degree temps a few weeks ago, coming on as soon as I started the car. This week in -1 degrees it failed to come on and I had to turn it on manually every time.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 05:16 AM   #5
Hud78
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

With different keys opening a different combination of doors (all / driver only), that sounds like the keys are tied to different profiles with one set to unlock all doors and the other set only to unlock the driver's door. Definitely related to key/profile pairing (to my mind).

With the back door strange behaviour, there's an option somewhere for auto locking when walking away - maybe that is turned on (I follow a similar routine to you with loading in children etc and haven't had the issue you have). I have all keys set to open all doors and auto locking off and have never had this. I can definitely lock the car with the ribbed bit of the rear door handles.

Hope that helps!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 05:21 AM   #6
hollpe
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport

I had a very similar issues with the Comfort Access when I first got my G31. It was resolved by a software update at the dealer that they did as part of an issue with the EGR valve! Not that it was related, just that they updated the software for the entire car.

Have your cars had the latest technical enhancement done yet? The only reason I ask is it that they will re-code the whole car with the latest software which might include a fix for the issues you're seeing.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 05:43 AM   #7
supersebbo
First Lieutenant
Rep

I'm going in for the radar Tech Enhancement tomorrow. So maybe it will all be resolved!
Appreciate 0