BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-14-2022, 03:09 AM   #1
ggla
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 MSport Plus

Navigation charge stop guidance

I did touch on this in another thread but thought I’d start one for the issue. My understanding is that the sat nav should recommend places to stop and charge at a long journey and automatically add those charge points as intermediate stops.

However as you can see from the video below mine does not, it does recommended that I need to stop 3 times to get to London, but just gives me a huge list of charging stations to stop at, none of which have any relevance to the journey (for example it shows one’s a few miles away from the start point).

I’ve seen screenshots from others in the forum where the recommended charge stops are pre-populated.

Can anyone confirm if you have my experience or otherwise and also which software you are on. I am on 11/2021.40 and showing no upgrades available for my M Sport Pro.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 03:34 AM   #2
pedroribeiro
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Impressive

Hi!

I've answered this in another thread indeed.

I have received a full route when inserting a navigation from Brussels to Geneva, which included HPC stops. However, since this was not a good route (by any means...) I've asked BMW to find an alternative route which it did but now without intermediate stops (even though there are IONITY HPC all the way!!). I just got in this second case the same as you, CA chargers next to my house....

very weird behaviour
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 04:16 AM   #3
ggla
Private First Class
Rep

Yea, i dont even get it on the initial route... not sure what im doing wrong... video showing my experience:

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 10:39 AM   #4
ggla
Private First Class
Rep

It’s working now, no idea how it just randomly started showing me charging spots in the route. Same software version.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 11:17 AM   #5
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggla View Post
It’s working now, no idea how it just randomly started showing me charging spots in the route. Same software version.
It works - to some extent.

Sometimes the route selection can seem a little random. Somebody mentioned that if you pick an alternate route, it doesn’t provide charging guidance. I discovered that by adding a waypoint to my route, to take me on the route I wish to travel, it will offer charging suggestions.

However, it picks from all charge points. There is no way that I can see to filter it to a subset of charge points. Sometimes it selects a slower charger, when fast chargers are available on the route.

In the POI section for chargers, I have a filter saved limiting it to chargers over 150kW. This way it only lists the high speed chargers, and I can see whether any are available as I approach my preferred stop.
Appreciate 0