E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Air bag replacement ( dent flange fixable ) ?

02-25-2022, 11:55 AM   #1
MyN52willBEATyou
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Air bag replacement ( dent flange fixable ) ?

I was at the junkyard the other day and being as my car was in an accident recently I’ve been collecting airbags for me side curtains in my steering wheel well I got one of my driver side curtain airbags for very cheap under $30 USD and I scored “my perfect condition” Which was the same stone and everything and I was so lucky since he’s in school for over $200 at a auto recycler from

I’m not sure how much of the fledge damage I did with the screwdriver myself for trying to pry the airbag out with one of the clips still locked in or if somebody he did this before me as one side of the airbag was unlocked when I got there and I assume both were in locked and I was praying on it and I had another random guy at the junkyard it was a paid him $10 to make sure you could remove it for me.

It was the worst idea of the day because once he went there he seen the side it was in clipped instead of using the clips behind the steering wheel to unlock them he just use a screwdriver and pray the shit out of it until popped out in my doing this he burned the flange immediately behind the airbag and now I’m afraid that the pains are not going to line up and that the flange is so warped that nothing is going to lineup and there’s gonna be a big gap and it’s just gonna be a lot of problems so I need some suggestions can I remove the four main hex nets there a hole in the bumper assembly I believe and use some tools and then when I’m back in place.

Hello I am providing pictures of the damage flange that I can hopefully and bolt and straighten out with some tools because if I try to straighten them out with it hooked up to the airbag system and the horn system I feel like I may damage something so I’d rather be safe than sorry.
Attached Images

Last edited by MyN52willBEATyou; 02-25-2022 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2022, 12:48 PM   #2
MyN52willBEATyou
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

was at the junkyard the other day and being as my car was in an accident recently I’ve been collecting airbags for me side curtains in my steering wheel well I got one of my driver side curtain airbags for very cheap under $30 USD and I scored “my perfect condition” Which was the same stone and everything and I was so lucky since he’s in school for over $200 at a auto wary

I’m not sure how much of the fledge damage I did with the screwdriver myself for trying to pry the airbag out with one of the clips still locked in or if somebody he did this before me as one side of the airbag was unlocked when I got there and I assume both were in locked and I was praying on it and I had another random guy at the junkyard it was a paid him $10 to make sure you could remove it for me.

It was the worst idea of the day because once he went there he seen the side it was in clipped instead of using the clips behind the steering wheel to unlock them he just use a screwdriver and pray the shit out of it until popped out in my doing this he burned the flange immediately behind the airbag and now I’m afraid that the pains are not going to line up and that the flange is so warped that nothing is going to lineup and there’s gonna be a big gap and it’s just gonna be a lot of problems so I need some suggestions can I remove the four main hex nets there a hole in the bumper assembly I believe and use some tools and then when I’m back in place.

Hello I am providing pictures of the damage flange that I can hopefully and bolt and straighten out with some tools because if I try to straighten them out with it hooked up to the airbag system and the horn system I feel like I may damage something so I’d rather be safe than sorry.

I’m going to to Mom which is difficulty
Appreciate 0