BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) Photos, Videos and Builds

03-21-2022, 05:46 PM   #1
Trotz
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

I am a little late with posting but after ordering mine back in November I was able to finally pick up my vehicle at the beginning of March! I opted for the delivery to be at the BMW Performance Center in South Carolina and it was such an amazing experience! I would recommend everyone from the US to option for this delivery! One of the greatest experience I have gotten to do in my life! Just Isn't just about performance of the vehicle and highlights everything that makes the car the Ultimate Driving Machine!
Attached Images

Last edited by Trotz; 03-21-2022 at 05:52 PM..
Appreciate 7
gp_solo2190.50
Caerus531.50
MPSdriver192.00
mechman156.50
Red_sir131.50
      03-21-2022, 06:48 PM   #2
square
Rep
Drives: M3/M240I

Congrats! Which interior? Can’t quite tell. Looks like my exact spec I’m ordering, totally jealous.

What was the experience at the perf center like?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 06:54 PM   #3
Trotz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by square View Post
Congrats! Which interior? Can’t quite tell. Looks like my exact spec I’m ordering, totally jealous.

What was the experience at the perf center like?
I went with the full Black Vernasca Leather! Also have Premium Package, Remote Start, Shadowline, HK Sound system, Parking Assistance Pkg, and driver recorder.

The performance center was awesome! BMW puts you in a hotel for the night. picked me up from the airport, dinner included for free that night. Woke up in the morning and had breakfast and shuttled you to the center. They put you in a similar model to what you order. Got a few hours on track testing the car doing handling, traction control, and braking. Did a factory tour as well as had lunch and took the SUVs on an offroad course. Car was there all cleaned up and they did the entire delivery there for you showing you the vehicle. Wish I took more videos of the experience but I would recommend it to everyone who orders a car.
Appreciate 1
Caerus531.50
      03-21-2022, 08:13 PM   #4
jbazz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 x3 30i , 1990 Miata Turbo

Congrats! Can't wait for mine!
Appreciate 1
Trotz51.00
      03-21-2022, 09:02 PM   #5
Caerus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Thanks for pictures and write-up. My PCD is scheduled for April 11.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 09:09 PM   #6
Trotz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post
Thanks for pictures and write-up. My PCD is scheduled for April 11.
You are going to love every minute of it! They make ever moment of it special even all of the staff at the hotel! Go to the museum after as well and also stop by the BMW Car Club of America! Hope you enjoy it
Appreciate 1
Caerus531.50
      03-21-2022, 10:26 PM   #7
M_ciurej
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 Xdrive40i | 2022 M240i

Congrats ! I'm doing a PCD as well. Did they have a G42 M240i for you to drive on the track or did they put you in a different car ? Someone else posted about their PCD few weeks ago and apparently they didn't have any of the new M240i models available for people to drive in and used the previous gen m240i.
Appreciate 1
Trotz51.00
      03-21-2022, 10:36 PM   #8
Caerus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotz View Post
You are going to love every minute of it! They make ever moment of it special even all of the staff at the hotel! Go to the museum after as well and also stop by the BMW Car Club of America! Hope you enjoy it
Thanks for the good tips. Actually, picking up my car coincides with my 25th year anniversary of being a member of the BMW CCA. Good idea to stop by and visit the club there in Greer, SC. Also, once I get the car I can register for the $500 rebate from BMW CCA. I did this before and it is a great member benefit. Enjoy your car. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 06:08 AM   #9
Trotz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_ciurej View Post
Congrats ! I'm doing a PCD as well. Did they have a G42 M240i for you to drive on the track or did they put you in a different car ? Someone else posted about their PCD few weeks ago and apparently they didn't have any of the new M240i models available for people to drive in and used the previous gen m240i.
Yeah at the time on March 2nd they still only had the previous gen but since I didn't have the previous gen before it made me realize how much better this car was when I walked around the corner seeing it for the first time
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 06:10 AM   #10
Trotz
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the good tips. Actually, picking up my car coincides with my 25th year anniversary of being a member of the BMW CCA. Good idea to stop by and visit the club there in Greer, SC. Also, once I get the car I can register for the $500 rebate from BMW CCA. I did this before and it is a great member benefit. Enjoy your car. Thanks.
That is awesome! Congrats on 25 years! Yes, don't forget about the rebate! I am actually a BMW client advisor so I unfortunately don't qualify for that rebate but I tell everyone about it!
Appreciate 1
Caerus531.50
      03-22-2022, 07:49 AM   #11
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

Looks like I was a day behind you as I picked up my car on 3/3 at the Performance Center.

I got to drive the F22 as well as there were no G42's in their fleet yet. I was told that they were waiting to receive 6 cars into their fleet that were apparently stateside but didnt know when they would join.

Congrats on your car!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Trotz51.00
      03-22-2022, 07:52 AM   #12
Trotz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechman View Post
Looks like I was a day behind you as I picked up my car on 3/3 at the Performance Center.

I got to drive the F22 as well as there were no G42's in their fleet yet. I was told that they were waiting to receive 6 cars into their fleet that were apparently stateside but didnt know when they would join.

Congrats on your car!
Wow that is crazy! Most of them haven't seen the purple yet and they get them back to back! Thank you and congrats on yours as well!

Yeah it makes sense with the fleet not getting there. So hard to make cars as it is right now especially to find the g42 so I can't even be mad about it. Such an amazing experience regardless
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 09:48 PM   #13
Caerus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That is awesome! Congrats on 25 years! Yes, don't forget about the rebate! I am actually a BMW client advisor so I unfortunately don't qualify for that rebate but I tell everyone about it!
Sorry to hear that you are not eligible. I thought any BMW CCA member could get the rebate. Must be your employee purchase program is better.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 07:42 AM   #14
Trotz
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry to hear that you are not eligible. I thought any BMW CCA member could get the rebate. Must be your employee purchase program is better.
I am not sure what the reasoning is but that could be. Employee benefits are nice lol.

I was super excited and ready for this trip. Had a blast through the day and then after lunch when I turned the corner and seen my car sitting there I was on cloud 9! I didn't expect it to be sitting up front in the lobby! I was so out of it and happy that I forgot to do what I needed to do after. I stopped at the museum to take pictures and planned to go to BMW CCA to check it out and get a new decal for the window of my car and I totally forgot and never made it there. I just jumped on the wrong and started making my way back. I was pretty disappointed but hoping to make it back down for the M driving school one day
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2022, 10:32 AM   #15
scottmarshall993
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Congrats man I just ordered the same spec, delivery is in July!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 10:40 AM   #16
Trotz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmarshall993 View Post
Congrats man I just ordered the same spec, delivery is in July!
Thank you! Congratulations as well! Share some pics when it arrives! You are going to love it!
Appreciate 0