bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-31-2022, 07:47 AM   #1
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Eventuri Intake

The existing G20 Eventuri intake is compatible with the BMW G42 M240i X-Drive. Good news... less waiting

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 08:20 AM   #2
TheJerseyDon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30M3,GTI,718GTS

Looks nice but $1500
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 02:21 PM   #3
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240ix

And it is not as loud as the Dinan.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 04:31 PM   #4
Retrospaz85
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22' M240/67 Mustang Fastback

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelir8bmw View Post
Performance and quality >Sound, but you do you
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 07:34 PM   #5
vert shaper
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrospaz85 View Post
Is the Eventuri better than Dinan? And if so is it worth more than 3x the cost?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 09:19 PM   #6
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep

In my opinion the question is how much horsepower and torque do you have between the two.

I would suspect that the differences are only one to two horsepower.

Therefore I will gladly sacrifice one or two for the sound because it adds to the thrill of the overall package.

And besides that, those very minute numbers can be made up in many other ways.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 02:17 AM   #7
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
In my opinion the question is how much horsepower and torque do you have between the two.

I would suspect that the differences are only one to two horsepower.

Therefore I will gladly sacrifice one or two for the sound because it adds to the thrill of the overall package.

And besides that, those very minute numbers can be made up in many other ways.
The air intakes gives small numbers but the designs are fundamentally different.
I’d rather look at the qualifications of the Design Engineer and the R&D that’s gone into the project

The Dinan…. "The Dinan carbon fiber intake for the platform rights these wrongs and delivers a semi-open intake".

The Eventuri is fully sealed and as the Engineer states that the surrounding part of the intake is subject to high heat anything not sealed will cause ingestion of hot air resulting in heat soak.

My own career has been in engineering design and the time and cost of R&D in most Engineering is the cause of high cost low volume components so I think the cost of the Eventuri is justified.
Eventuri Engineer Bilal is a Aeronautical Engineer with qualifications in flow dynamics and if anyone has the time to watch the process of design start to finish it’s a rewarding experience

In Australia these are really expensive at $2900 odd so won’t be buying one any time soon.
Appreciate 3
      04-01-2022, 11:13 AM   #8
kumizi206
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrospaz85 View Post
and here I thought people spent $1500 on carbon fiber intakes so they can pop their hood at a parking lot car meet

Can you enlighten us to the increase in 60-130 or 1/4 mile times with the Eventuri intake?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 03:15 PM   #9
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumizi206 View Post
and here I thought people spent $1500 on carbon fiber intakes so they can pop their hood at a parking lot car meet
so true

Can you enlighten us to the increase in 60-130 or 1/4 mile times with the Eventuri intake?
I’d have to agree with the first paragraph except when the intake is used to give more airflow when needed combined with other elements like tuning, turbos and downpipes otherwise as you say, for car lot meets, saves you bringing a trolley with a mirror to show of the highly polished stainless steel exhaust system
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 06:30 AM   #10
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G42 M240i, F87 M2, E36

Quote:
I have to disagree…

https://youtube.com/shorts/7gKA37Qz8d4?feature=share
Appreciate 3
      04-03-2022, 10:10 PM   #11
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@AUTOID View Post
Quote:
I have to disagree…

https://youtube.com/shorts/7gKA37Qz8d4?feature=share
Saw that.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 09:43 AM   #12
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Nice

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 04:49 PM   #13
shonseb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 240ix, gone: '14 Audi RS5

Garage List
2023 m240ix  [0.00]
Sorry to bring this back, but has anyone purchased and install one yet? I had an Eventuri intake on my RS5 and that was pricier than this (dual intake). It was also naturally aspirated engine, compared to the turbo in the m240. It definitely made a huge difference, maybe 20 to 25 horsepower, on the "butt dyno". But again, that was on a naturally aspirated engine, as compared to this which is forced induction. I've heard that with forced induction, intakes don't make much of a performance difference like they do in NA motors.

I would buy the Eventuri intake if it does indeed make a performance improvement in the g42. Their "reverse cone" intake design Itself makes more sense than the conventional cone in other designs. Another reason is their excellent customer service. I've dealt with them in the past. They're easy to communicate with, and are very, very responsive. Two years after I installed the intake, I sold my RS5 and the guy I sold it to reached out to Eventuri because the carbon fiber was showing signs of yellowing. They replaced it under warranty without any hesitation, amazing! They stand by their products.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 05:22 PM   #14
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonseb View Post
Sorry to bring this back, but has anyone purchased and install one yet? I had an Eventuri intake on my RS5 and that was pricier than this (dual intake). It was also naturally aspirated engine, compared to the turbo in the m240. It definitely made a huge difference, maybe 20 to 25 horsepower, on the "butt dyno". But again, that was on a naturally aspirated engine, as compared to this which is forced induction. I've heard that with forced induction, intakes don't make much of a performance difference like they do in NA motors.

I would buy the Eventuri intake if it does indeed make a performance improvement in the g42. Their "reverse cone" intake design Itself makes more sense than the conventional cone in other designs. Another reason is their excellent customer service. I've dealt with them in the past. They're easy to communicate with, and are very, very responsive. Two years after I installed the intake, I sold my RS5 and the guy I sold it to reached out to Eventuri because the carbon fiber was showing signs of yellowing. They replaced it under warranty without any hesitation, amazing! They stand by their products.
Autoid have one fitted to their car and have done a review, you might see previous comments in this thread from Jack. I believe the advantage with this intake would come with tuning and other performance enhancements, it’s an expensive way to get a nice induction sound and good looks awesome but on it’s own I’d not buy one.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 07:28 PM   #15
Rdurty2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Any intake on the B58 makes next to no power improvement. It’s 99% for sound and looks.
Appreciate 1
Rspade10.50
      06-02-2022, 08:10 PM   #16
shonseb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 240ix, gone: '14 Audi RS5

Garage List
2023 m240ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
Any intake on the B58 makes next to no power improvement. It’s 99% for sound and looks.
Thank you, that's the answer I was looking for
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 09:53 AM   #17
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonseb View Post
Thank you, that's the answer I was looking for
But that's not true and it has been proven wrong numerous times with data.

Some dynos showed up to 10 whp gains on the B58 on a completely stock car

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 12:32 PM   #18
Rdurty2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
But that's not true and it has been proven wrong numerous times with data.

Some dynos showed up to 10 whp gains on the B58 on a completely stock car
Most independent dyno's show almost no improvement, I don't trust dyno's from the manufactures at all as it's SO easy to make it look like there gains when there really isn't. If there is an improvement it's so slight that it cannot necessarily be contributed to the intake but rather just the difference normally there between dyno run's.

Also some dyno's have even shown slight loss of power.

You sell intakes, so yeah
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 10:40 AM   #19
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Most independent dyno's show almost no improvement, I don't trust dyno's from the manufactures at all as it's SO easy to make it look like there gains when there really isn't. If there is an improvement it's so slight that it cannot necessarily be contributed to the intake but rather just the difference normally there between dyno run's.

Also some dyno's have even shown slight loss of power.

You sell intakes, so yeah
Whether I sell intakes or not does make my argument any less valid. The approach you are using makes your argument look weak. That's like saying your argument is invalid because you do not have an intake without discussing the actual point.

We have a few dynos from different manufacturers showing gains by adding the intake and nothing else. We also have a Dyno from VM, a company that does not make intakes; they did a build and did a dyno after every mod.

You do not trust dynos from ANY manufacturer, fair enough. Please post the dynos you used in your argument from independent sources, and we can discuss them instead and see why they are showing a different result.

Appreciate 1
G42Bama402.50
      06-04-2022, 01:27 PM   #20
rons e92
60-130 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Where can I order this intake? Now that my car is going into production I'm stacking a few parts for it. I already got the M Performance interior package and carbon sills along with the black M240i badge, and the all weather mats.

I still want to get the MSS springs, Future Classic 15mm spacers, the Carbahn performance controller and the eventuri intake, but I can't find the later two from any US retailers.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12972.00
      06-04-2022, 05:01 PM   #21
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Whether I sell intakes or not does make my argument any less valid. The approach you are using makes your argument look weak. That's like saying your argument is invalid because you do not have an intake without discussing the actual point.

We have a few dynos from different manufacturers showing gains by adding the intake and nothing else. We also have a Dyno from VM, a company that does not make intakes; they did a build and did a dyno after every mod.

You do not trust dynos from ANY manufacturer, fair enough. Please post the dynos you used in your argument from independent sources, and we can discuss them instead and see why they are showing a different result.
I have to agree with Mike. Vendors on this forum are here for the benefit of members and frequently offer good advice, if not they would not last and have a poor reputation count.
Dynos can be contentious and nothing worse than a Dyno in the hands of a poor operator who has not set it up and calibrated correctly. But it it is correctly setup and a proper pre and post reading is taken within the same day by the same operator the results should be reliable if not anything else just to show the difference.
In the case of an intake a stock run with a clean and maintained filter a post install run would be a fair and reasonable way to check a percentage gain for that car in that condition.
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2022, 05:36 PM   #22
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
I have to agree with Mike. Vendors on this forum are here for the benefit of members and frequently offer good advice, if not they would not last and have a poor reputation count.
Dynos can be contentious and nothing worse than a Dyno in the hands of a poor operator who has not set it up and calibrated correctly. But it it is correctly setup and a proper pre and post reading is taken within the same day by the same operator the results should be reliable if not anything else just to show the difference.
In the case of an intake a stock run with a clean and maintained filter a post install run would be a fair and reasonable way to check a percentage gain for that car in that condition.
Thank you.

I have been on the forums for a long time and I have seen manufacturers inflate numbers, it's definitely not unheard of.

But in the case of the B58 intake, there are several dynos from different sources showing gains and I have not seen any dyno from any source showing a loss or no improvement at all.

Appreciate 0