BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    M5 comp frozen bluestone delivered!

04-25-2022, 05:02 PM   #1
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

M5 comp frozen bluestone delivered!

Finally picked up my m5c today after many mishaps, Frozen Bluestone metallic, full silverstone interior, 810m wheels, black calipers, executive package, driver's assistance plus, B&W diamond surround sound, m drivers package, and every carbon fiber option available (other than the gas cap since it's just a sticker), m performance titanium exhaust, drive recorder floor mats etc you get the idea, every option and accesory other than carbon ceramics and the m performance coil over kit.

Got it from the performance center, spent a very brief 30 minutes with the car before the transporter came along to whisk to away to the detailer for a full PPF.

This color is super underrated in my opinion and it looks anywhere from a matte grey to a light blue depending on the light. The silverstone looked a bit different in person than I initially thought, I guess it's not quite as grey as I would've liked and definitely nowhere near what the bmw samples look like lol. It almost looks like a white with a bit of grey mixed in and nothing like the blue-gray bmw portrays it as in dealerships, nonetheless I still love the color and it matches the exterior very well.

Only have a few pics since I wanted to play around with the settings before letting the car go and a cold start video, which does the car NO justice from my phones crappy Mike and will update with some better sound quality.

To anyone wondering the exhaust is not obnoxious at all inside the car, outside? Sounds AMAZING and I was lucky enough to get to drive the only m5 the performance center has with the m performance exhaust and also the coil overs which were surprisingly comfortable while improving the handling quite a bit. Back to the exhaust, the exhaust button does still quite up the exhaust quite a bit, not sure exhaust how seeing as it's not supposed to be a valved system, but with the exhaust button off you just hear a bit of turbo noises inside the car and nothing else. With it on you definitely can hear a bit of rumble and under hard acceleration it comes to life. Considering my wife that isn't into cars and doesn't like loud cars didn't complain about it just driving around the track at 25-40 mph cruising means yours definitely won't if that's a concern lol.

BUYER BEWARE your neighbors will hate you for this exhaust, from the outside it sounds freaking loud and mean and the pops are like gunshots. I will be posting some extensive soundclips both inside and outside of the car with a professional mic just so you can get an idea of what it sounds like and make you own deductions if you so choose to purchase or install on your m5s (which I personally highly recommend).

Enough about the exhaust, I'll talk briefly about the delivery experience since there are many videos I won't go into many details. You start off in an m340 on the skid pad, spin it out and then they show you how traction control makes cars not spin out. Followed by driving a car wimilar to yours (in my case the only fully loaded m5 they had), and doing brake tests at 30 45 55 and 65 mph. After that you go to the track which is a slalom followed by a long right sweep that ends in a 90 degree right turn a quick switch to a left turn a bit of a straight chicane followed by a 90 degree right and repeat. Delivery was next, spent little time with the car, loaded it up on the truck then off to lunch we went. Following lunch, the suv off-road experience is next, you get either an x5 or x7 depending on the day and you go into some water, get on 2 wheels do some fun offroading where they show you that BMW can do the same thing a jeep can (aka buy a bmw not a jeep marketing sales pitch) and the factory tour which honestly you can get a better idea of watching a how things are made video on YouTube, but fun to see in person nonetheless. Sadly paint booth wasn't open for tours, that's something I'd have liked to see haha.

Want to zentrum shortly after on my own and the bmw cca foundation. Zentrum really isn't anything too crazy, most of the cars there I've seen at local dealerships on display (z1, isetta, z8) but they did have one or two classic bmws on display. Honestly their z1 was in worse shape than the one I saw on display at my local dealership somehow so really not impressed. It's mainly just another giftshop.

The bmw cca foundation was changing displays so basically just a giftshop as well, if you want to go their displays usually run may-jan and during jan-may they are reorganizing. Still got to see a few cars through the window but if you want the full experience choose your dates wisely.

Scheduled my break in already, hopefully my ppf gets done in time for me to have 2 days to drive the car prior to the service so I don't have to reschedule lol. Will come back with a detailed review and more soundclips after break in is complete and I can romp on the car a bit more.

Edit just realized the reason the exhaust got quite is most likely just due to ASD being off, in which case you don't really hear much inside the cabin

Edit2: my car came with pirellis, an m3 came with Michelins so it's luck of the draw on tires

Yes I suck at taking pictures and only snapped a few before it was time to say goodbye lol don't judge (too harshly)
http://https://youtu.be/V7t0QL-hCuQ
Attached Images

Last edited by micvite; 04-25-2022 at 05:43 PM..
Appreciate 4
zb26031055.50
dweston40.50
jc05e46m3847.50
Simple1133.50
      04-25-2022, 05:20 PM   #2
selpo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 Cayenne GTS

Congratulations! Enjoy it in the best of health!
Appreciate 1
micvite1543.00
      04-25-2022, 10:05 PM   #3
Dual.V8
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: m5 f90

Garage List
  [0.00]
Beautiful specs ! Congrats and enjoy it !
      04-25-2022, 11:34 PM   #4
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 Nissan Maxima 40th Anniv.

Very gorgeous car. I ordered the M Performance Exhaust too and I'm really worried about my neighbors lol this is my first BMW so not sure what to really expect.

Also I see you have the bigger spoiler, they wouldn't let me order that without the front splitter. Does the front splitter seem like it's going to scrape backing out of driveways and such? That's the only reason I hesitated lol

I see everyone talking about the PPF, around how much is that service?

Love the car, congrats!!
Appreciate 1
micvite1543.00
      04-26-2022, 12:33 AM   #5
Namelss
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport

Congrats, finally! Looks great
Appreciate 1
micvite1543.00
      04-26-2022, 04:15 AM   #6
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Looks fantastic! It sounds like the (long) wait was worth it. Congratulations!
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 1
micvite1543.00
      04-26-2022, 08:07 AM   #7
Jarmadon
Private
Rep
Drives: 22' F90 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweston View Post
Very gorgeous car. I ordered the M Performance Exhaust too and I'm really worried about my neighbors lol this is my first BMW so not sure what to really expect.

Also I see you have the bigger spoiler, they wouldn't let me order that without the front splitter. Does the front splitter seem like it's going to scrape backing out of driveways and such? That's the only reason I hesitated lol

Love the car, congrats!!
You can buy the M performance spoiler for around $700 and have it installed. My car got here yesterday and my wife is dropping the spoiler off today for them to put on.

Personally, I think there are much better looking front splitters from 3rd parties thus I didn't want the M performance one.

PPF depends on installers and other factors. Full car roughly 6-10k depending on things. Full front closer to 2k, but you'll have to call around for quotes.

Anyways, car looks great! Love frozen paints.
Appreciate 2
micvite1543.00
dweston40.50
      04-26-2022, 08:39 AM   #8
MackSea70
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C, 2020 Tesla Y LR

micvite congrats - the car looks fantastic. Not too bad - considering we were to deliver at the same time in December.

Frozen looks fantastic! You'll love the MPE.

Heck, in the time it took you to get yours, I've already sold mine and am on the hunt for the next one.

(kinda regretting selling given the direction prices are going).

Congrats - enjoy!
Appreciate 1
micvite1543.00
      04-26-2022, 09:01 AM   #9
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmadon View Post
You can buy the M performance spoiler for around $700 and have it installed. My car got here yesterday and my wife is dropping the spoiler off today for them to put on.

Personally, I think there are much better looking front splitters from 3rd parties thus I didn't want the M performance one.

PPF depends on installers and other factors. Full car roughly 6-10k depending on things. Full front closer to 2k, but you'll have to call around for quotes.

Anyways, car looks great! Love frozen paints.

Thank you for the info, that was so very helpful! Congrats on your car getting here as well!
Appreciate 1
micvite1543.00
      04-26-2022, 01:51 PM   #10
sevenn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

Congratulations my friend!

I wish you many accident-free miles. I hope I can write a similar post on the forum soon.
Appreciate 1
micvite1543.00
      04-26-2022, 03:26 PM   #11
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Congratulations micvite. Car is fabulous. I saw one in that color a salesperson tried to sell me before I ordered mine. Anyways I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. For me it is a great car!!!
Appreciate 1
micvite1543.00
      04-26-2022, 05:23 PM   #12
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Love the car, congrats!!
Yeah I don't think the splitters are gonna scrape anything barely extends past the bumper but that's why I like it its subtle, ppf can be anywhere from 5-9k id say, 5 on the cheap end 9 being over the top expensive and 6-8 being a good quote depending how much you know about the shop and their quality. The neighbors will kill you if you start the car nefore they wake up lol its sooo loud irl and I'm sure it'll get louder once some miles get on the car
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
dweston40.50
      04-26-2022, 05:25 PM   #13
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSea70 View Post
micvite congrats - the car looks fantastic. Not too bad - considering we were to deliver at the same time in December.

Frozen looks fantastic! You'll love the MPE.

Heck, in the time it took you to get yours, I've already sold mine and am on the hunt for the next one.

(kinda regretting selling given the direction prices are going).

Congrats - enjoy!
Well that was fast... what made you sell??
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 08:09 PM   #14
Moserkm
Moserkm
Rep
Drives: ‘22 BMW X7, '22 M5C, '21 Ram

Quote:

Love the car, congrats!!
Had the same issue with the front splitter/spoiler combo. I don’t understand why you have to buy both if from the order but can buy separate afterwards. I will probably get it soon after delivery.
Appreciate 1
dweston40.50
      04-26-2022, 09:07 PM   #15
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Congrats on getting the car. The splitter shouldn't scrape really if you're at stock height and drive reasonably. I'm not having any issues at all. This car sits a bit higher than my M550i w/ DHP. No clearance issues.
Appreciate 1
dweston40.50
      04-27-2022, 07:34 AM   #16
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moserkm View Post
Had the same issue with the front splitter/spoiler combo. I don’t understand why you have to buy both if from the order but can buy separate afterwards. I will probably get it soon after delivery.
Per bmw, apparently they re code the dsc module if you get the splitter and spoiler, hence why you have to order together, aftermarket you don't get the dsc coded since you're doing it on your own so they can't stop you.
Appreciate 1
Moserkm163.00
      04-27-2022, 11:54 AM   #17
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Per bmw, apparently they re code the dsc module if you get the splitter and spoiler, hence why you have to order together, aftermarket you don't get the dsc coded since you're doing it on your own so they can't stop you.

Decisions Decisions. My car is still in 'Scheduled for Production'. Almost every couple of days I call my salesperson to add or delete something from it. So far I have the MPE, CF Mirror caps, CF diffuser. I wanted to do the side grills, front grill, side blades, gear shifter, and paddle shifters too but since I've never owned one and there's not many great pics of a 2022 with all that stuff, I've been hesitant. Your posts helped a lot!! Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 12:22 PM   #18
MackSea70
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C, 2020 Tesla Y LR

Quote:
Well that was fast... what made you sell??
Two things.

1. When I ordered the car, (July, 21), I fully expected I'd transition back to at least a couple of days a week in the office. That never materialized and after 4 lease payments I'd put a whopping 1,200 miles on the car (not including the 600 from the drive from SC back to FL). When you consider that I was paying about $2.23 PER MILE for the life of the lease (and BTW - to be clear I'm very happy w the deal I had negotiated) and the fact that I'd probably only end up with 10K miles on it at lease end, that's like taking 40 grand out in the back yard and lighting it on fire. Secondly, I don't believe for one second given the current state of the economy that buying out at the end of the lease would be a good financial decision, and
2. After 4.5 months I just never made an emotional connection with the car. (yeah yeah, get out and drive it more). This is the second car in a row that I've felt this way about (992S prior to the M5C). These cars are blazing fast - but just seem to be losing their soul. I DID feel an emotional connection to my F80 M3C - loved that car and still wish I could get it back.

That said, I'm working with one of our brokers to hunt down an i4M50. Yeah yeah, how could you go from a fire breathing v8 to an electric? Simple - I don't drive much, it's all city driving (less than 10 miles a day) and so driving has become much more appliance / need vs. luxury / want. I doubt I'll see the i4M50 this year - and so maybe a G80 (the front has finally grown on me). Who knows.

Again, best of luck w your car micvite . She's a real beauty.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 12:41 PM   #19
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSea70 View Post
Two things.

1. When I ordered the car, (July, 21), I fully expected I'd transition back to at least a couple of days a week in the office. That never materialized and after 4 lease payments I'd put a whopping 1,200 miles on the car (not including the 600 from the drive from SC back to FL). When you consider that I was paying about $2.23 PER MILE for the life of the lease (and BTW - to be clear I'm very happy w the deal I had negotiated) and the fact that I'd probably only end up with 10K miles on it at lease end, that's like taking 40 grand out in the back yard and lighting it on fire. Secondly, I don't believe for one second given the current state of the economy that buying out at the end of the lease would be a good financial decision, and
2. After 4.5 months I just never made an emotional connection with the car. (yeah yeah, get out and drive it more). This is the second car in a row that I've felt this way about (992S prior to the M5C). These cars are blazing fast - but just seem to be losing their soul. I DID feel an emotional connection to my F80 M3C - loved that car and still wish I could get it back.

That said, I'm working with one of our brokers to hunt down an i4M50. Yeah yeah, how could you go from a fire breathing v8 to an electric? Simple - I don't drive much, it's all city driving (less than 10 miles a day) and so driving has become much more appliance / need vs. luxury / want. I doubt I'll see the i4M50 this year - and so maybe a G80 (the front has finally grown on me). Who knows.

Again, best of luck w your car micvite . She's a real beauty.
I pre-ordered the i4 m50 and will be backing out of the deal most likely, I think mine was scheduled for production June or July this year, if you want one this year I can most likely make it happen if there's not a list of people waiting for it at my dealership lol (I can put you in contact with then and you take the order instead of me, my guy is pretty awesome so he'll probably find a dealer in FL to do a courtesy delivery for you as well if you don't wanna go to SC lol). I drove the i4 and just wasn't impressed either by the acceleration nor the comfort of the car, hence I'm attempting to get a used model s performance instead. The acceleration is definitely better and if I recall the car was decently comfy as well when I drive one a few years back. Gonna wait until the i5 comes along for bmw since I don't have a chauffeur for the i7 lol and I can't justify the pricing on the ix.

If you wanna talk more about the i4 situation send me a message and we'll go from there.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 12:50 PM   #20
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Decisions Decisions. My car is still in 'Scheduled for Production'. Almost every couple of days I call my salesperson to add or delete something from it. So far I have the MPE, CF Mirror caps, CF diffuser. I wanted to do the side grills, front grill, side blades, gear shifter, and paddle shifters too but since I've never owned one and there's not many great pics of a 2022 with all that stuff, I've been hesitant. Your posts helped a lot!! Thank you!
Not sure if this helps at all, tried enlarging the carbon bits a bit to make them easier to see since I don't have the car on me lol, carbon shifters are ok you don't really see them behind the steering wheel and the gear selector is basically the regular one with a thin line of carbon fiber around the edges
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
dweston40.50
      04-27-2022, 01:15 PM   #21
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Not sure if this helps at all, tried enlarging the carbon bits a bit to make them easier to see since I don't have the car on me lol, carbon shifters are ok you don't really see them behind the steering wheel and the gear selector is basically the regular one with a thin line of carbon fiber around the edges
WOW! THANKS!! I think it's time to change my order lol I saw earlier you said no clearance issues with the splitter but did you notice any clearance issues with the side skirts/blades? I have a huge pet peeve for scraping lol it's weird I know
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 01:45 PM   #22
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
WOW! THANKS!! I think it's time to change my order lol I saw earlier you said no clearance issues with the splitter but did you notice any clearance issues with the side skirts/blades? I have a huge pet peeve for scraping lol it's weird I know
No, so the side skirts don't actually go down as much as they go out, it takes maybe .2-.5 of an inch in ground clearance off the car and doesnt take away any more than the front splitter would. Haven't really driven the car but had no issues loading it up on the trailer for the transporter so if you're not lowering the car you're 100% good to go
Appreciate 1
dweston40.50