home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

05-11-2022, 09:41 AM   #1
maximilian985
Rep
Drives: M240i

Idrive 8

Hi,
Just a quick question on Idrive 8. I ordered my m240 at the beginning of April and as of yet I've not received any updates from my dealer on the build status. He did say delivery was to be expected in September before I bought the car but this is only an estimate. I've seen that idrive 8 coming to the G42 in August 2022, but does that mean my car will have it as I assume it could be built in July? Putting it another way is it cars built from August or to be delivered from August? I'm kinda keen to keep idrive 7 as I'm used to it in my 330i...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 10:20 AM   #2
eddj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2025 M4C xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilian985 View Post
Hi,
Just a quick question on Idrive 8. I ordered my m240 at the beginning of April and as of yet I've not received any updates from my dealer on the build status. He did say delivery was to be expected in September before I bought the car but this is only an estimate. I've seen that idrive 8 coming to the G42 in August 2022, but does that mean my car will have it as I assume it could be built in July? Putting it another way is it cars built from August or to be delivered from August? I'm kinda keen to keep idrive 7 as I'm used to it in my 330i...
did your dealer tell you when you put your order in that he already got an open allocation for you and gave you a production week ? its seems that the switch over to idrive 8 will begin in July actually since nobody was able to confirm that the beginning of production for 2023 models will be delayed this year, so if yours will be build on July or at a later date most probably will be a 2023 model with idrive 8 panel, unfortunately if its build in June but delivered August /September then you will have a big chance to keep the beautiful idrive7 on your new m240i
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 10:40 AM   #3
maximilian985
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddj View Post
did your dealer tell you when you put your order in that he already got an open allocation for you and gave you a production week ? its seems that the switch over to idrive 8 will begin in July actually since nobody was able to confirm that the beginning of production for 2023 models will be delayed this year, so if yours will be build on July or at a later date most probably will be a 2023 model with idrive 8 panel, unfortunately if its build in June but delivered August /September then you will have a big chance to keep the beautiful idrive7 on your new m240i
Cheers Eddj,

That's what I suspected...
Unfortunately the dealer didn't have an allocation. My hands were tied as I had to go to a specific dealer in the UK to get the NHS discount I was entitled to so I couldn't shop around to find an allocation.

I'll give the dealer a ring next month for an update and probably resign myself to the fact that I will be getting idrive 8
Appreciate 0