E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2011 335i e90 6MT RWD M-sport Le Mans Blue

05-19-2022, 08:42 PM   #1
mhullihan
Private
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 2006 330i 6MT

2011 335i e90 6MT RWD M-sport Le Mans Blue

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Located in central OH. 92k miles on Michelin A/S3s and zero rust. It spent its whole life in TN before I brought it to OH where it never left my garage in the winter. I've barely driven it because I don't have time. Someone should be enjoying this car!

The bad:
1) There's been a loud ticking noise until the engine is warm since the day I bought it. Again, completely normal sounding when the engine is warm. BMW dealer and an Indy mechanic say lifters. Chassis stethoscope confirms its in the head. If you can live with cold engine noise then no problems, but it bugs the hell out of me!
2) It recently developed a misfire that the dealer said is the plugs.
3) random scratches (pictures below of the only ones I'd call bad)
4) at some point in the last 11yrs clips and such have snapped so wires and the engine covers aren't secured perfectly. No functional issues just cosmetic. I've been repairing cosmetics here and there but haven't gotten it all yet.

The good:
1) Zero rust, zero oil leaks!
2) RWD, non-Navi, 6MT, RWD, M-sport, heated seats
3) New injectors
4) New accessory belt, tensioner and idler
5) new lifters
6) new cam seals
7) new catted high flow DP
8) black stone oil analysis says everything is normal
9) Previous owner had BMW tech install upgraded rod bearings as preventative measure
10) no tears or cracks in the interior
11) recent oil change
12) clutch, shifter, steering feel great
13) new front dampers

Included with the sale:
1) Bentley manual
2) Schwaben scan tool coded for BMWs
3) Injector install/removal tool kit
4) timing tool kit
5) valvetronic spring removal/install tool
6) The water pump/Tstat replacement kit and expansion tank I was going to do as preventative

VIN: WBAPM5C59BE435836

I have no idea what it's worth as it is. Make me an offer. Looking around car sites, one of these with zero problems under 100k miles goes for mid-high teens. I was thinking around 11 but I'm open to any offer. The worst I can say is no. If a sale doesn't work out I'll keep tinkering and driving it when I have time.

I searched for 1.5yrs for this car so I'm sad to see it go. I just can't justify it sitting all the time and not getting fixed and driven.

Thanks for looking,
Mike

Attached Images

Last edited by mhullihan; 05-19-2022 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: add pictures
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 08:32 AM   #2
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Not to screw the next buyer but I just paid $22k for almost this exact spec (6MT, RWD, LMB E90 double hump with almost all options)

Your price is still in 2019.
whyzee1251693.50
      05-20-2022, 03:52 PM   #3
MRspecht
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Hey, very interested; sending you a message.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2022, 08:28 PM   #4
MRspecht
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Just saw this car yesterday. Turned out to not be the right time to buy for me, but if this was posted a few weeks earlier, I would already have bought it. Car looked to be in very good condition except for the few (minor, in my opinion) faults listed in the ad. Owner seemed to be very transparent about the car. Looks like a great buy for someone, wish it was me.
Appreciate 2
whyzee1251693.50
      05-24-2022, 11:06 PM   #5
clubracer6
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 911 40th AE / 16 VW GLI

I bought the LMB Navi car on BAT in December and also paid over 20k. This is a great deal and this car worth being properly fixed!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 11:08 AM   #6
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubracer6 View Post
I bought the LMB Navi car on BAT in December and also paid over 20k. This is a great deal and this car worth being properly fixed!
Just took a look. Very similar spec, mine had black interior but the accident history was clean. I gave up my Interlagos E90 M3 so the 335 was a comparative bargain even at the high end of the spectrum. Had a few warts needing fixing but so far so good.
      05-30-2022, 10:25 PM   #7
BimmerBoyM3____1
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E92 M3, E90 M3, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhullihan View Post
Located in central OH. 92k miles on Michelin A/S3s and zero rust. It spent its whole life in TN before I brought it to OH where it never left my garage in the winter. I've barely driven it because I don't have time. Someone should be enjoying this car!

The bad:
1) There's been a loud ticking noise until the engine is warm since the day I bought it. Again, completely normal sounding when the engine is warm. BMW dealer and an Indy mechanic say lifters. Chassis stethoscope confirms its in the head. If you can live with cold engine noise then no problems, but it bugs the hell out of me!
4) at some point in the last 11yrs clips and such have snapped so wires and the engine covers aren't secured perfectly. No functional issues just cosmetic. I've been repairing cosmetics here and there but haven't gotten it all yet.

The good:
3) New injectors
5) new lifters
6) new cam seals
9) Previous owner had BMW tech install upgraded rod bearings as preventative measure
11) recent oil change
13) new front dampers

Included with the sale:
1) Bentley manual
4) timing tool kit
6) The water pump/Tstat replacement kit and expansion tank I was going to do as preventative

I have no idea what it's worth as it is. Make me an offer. Looking around car sites, one of these with zero problems under 100k miles goes for mid-high teens. I was thinking around 11 but I'm open to any offer. The worst I can say is no. If a sale doesn't work out I'll keep tinkering and driving it when I have time.

I searched for 1.5yrs for this car so I'm sad to see it go. I just can't justify it sitting all the time and not getting fixed and driven.

Thanks for looking,
Mike
I am interested, I am unable to pm since you have a new profile. My cell is 317–750-6524 text or call anytime
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 11:51 PM   #8
Apex Chaser
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhullihan View Post

The bad:

The good:
3) New injectors
5) new lifters
6) new cam seals
11) recent oil change
13) new front dampers

Included with the sale:
1) Bentley manual
4) timing tool kit

Thanks for looking,
Mike
I am interested in. I can't PM you though. Can you contact me at 40four-408-017five?
Appreciate 0