Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) New Ebay front splitter installed...

06-20-2022, 10:50 AM   #1
tylers1027
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 330I

New Ebay front splitter installed...

Thought I'd share a few pics of the new splitter I got off Ebay which was around $160+shipping. I will say, the fitment is not great! Had a heck of a time getting the mounting bracket on the splitter and getting it attached to the original bumper screws was a challenge. Really had to bend/pull on this thing and the fitment was still a bit off. Have small gaps on the sides as if it's a couple inches too short.

All and all; given the poor fitment it doesn't seem too bad and looks pretty sweet. I like how it secures using the 6 original bumper bolts. The middle I just used the double-sided tape to avoid drilling any holes in the bumper. Also double sided taped the sides where it folds up to the side of the bumper. I also like how it's a 5 piece design (2 mounting brackets, the main splitter, and 2 additional pieces to add onto bottom of splitter to make it more aggressive/lower-can skip mounting those I believe if you don't want it as low).

Hoping to give this a try for a while and upgrade to the AA Concepts carbon fiber splitter down the road. Quick question - Does anyone with a carbon fiber splitter from a reputable company know if they fit a bit better than these ebay plastic items?
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      06-20-2022, 04:18 PM   #2
Chubbiejones
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylers1027 View Post
Thought I'd share a few pics of the new splitter I got off Ebay which was around $160+shipping. I will say, the fitment is not great! Had a heck of a time getting the mounting bracket on the splitter and getting it attached to the original bumper screws was a challenge. Really had to bend/pull on this thing and the fitment was still a bit off. Have small gaps on the sides as if it's a couple inches too short.

All and all; given the poor fitment it doesn't seem too bad and looks pretty sweet. I like how it secures using the 6 original bumper bolts. The middle I just used the double-sided tape to avoid drilling any holes in the bumper. Also double sided taped the sides where it folds up to the side of the bumper. I also like how it's a 5 piece design (2 mounting brackets, the main splitter, and 2 additional pieces to add onto bottom of splitter to make it more aggressive/lower-can skip mounting those I believe if you don't want it as low).

Hoping to give this a try for a while and upgrade to the AA Concepts carbon fiber splitter down the road. Quick question - Does anyone with a carbon fiber splitter from a reputable company know if they fit a bit better than these ebay plastic items?
Most of the time, when purchasing a component from a reputable establishment, you will end up with quality fit and finish. The ol saying usually rings true "you get what you pay for"

Car looks good by the way
Appreciate 0