E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Beige interior spray paint question

07-06-2022, 06:23 AM   #1
wang890
Rep
Drives: BMW 323i 6 speed manual

Beige interior spray paint question

I'm looking to restore the driver seat, has a complete rip at the seam on the bottom cushion. Also the side looks like an attempt to paint it with a different colour paint.

I saw this product colorbond 657 Savanah beige. Which is only available in USA. Is there an alternative to this spray paint?

I need to also paint the rear trim, the thing that the ashtray pull out in between the two rear seat. Somehow the previous owner painted it black.

Also how do you clean the interior fake leather? If look closely there is some black dirt on the leather pattern. I tried wipe with wet towel and can't get it cleaned easily.

For the rip on the seat I got this leather tape drop aliexpress that's still on the way. I want to tape it across the long rip and then use a colour matching paint to paint over it. It doesn't need to be perfect fix just want to be able to sit on it without the current seat cover which is a nice matching colour tan lol. Just the driver seat is beat up. Other seats are in good shape. I think the 657 paint is the matching colour but can't be sure. 2007 323i with beige interior.

There is some small rips that's 1 to 2 inches long on the armrest leather. I want to use some glue first and then paint over it. I bought some 3 bucks aliexpress tan leather restore glue that says dries soft. I'll give that a try when that's here. Probably post some before and after pictures.

I have a 1998 ml320 that I think is real leather. Almost 10 years older than the bmw and the leather held up much better than the bmw. Both car have about the same 230k km.

Just having some fun fixing and learning over these small things as part of life skill. Both cars are very cheap which I told myself you buy them cheap to save money but couldn't help trying to fix these small issues lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 10:01 AM   #2
TyroneShoelaces
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 N54 swapped

It's probably different in BC, but in FL there are 100 E9X tan interiors every day going into the wrecking yard or part outs on FB marketplace. Buying a good seat for $70 to me would be the call over trying to fix an interior.
Appreciate 1
whyzee1251698.00
      07-06-2022, 11:53 AM   #3
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyroneShoelaces View Post
It's probably different in BC, but in FL there are 100 E9X tan interiors every day going into the wrecking yard or part outs on FB marketplace. Buying a good seat for $70 to me would be the call over trying to fix an interior.
Oh yeah trust me our wreck yard/part outs availability when it comes to these cars is much much less in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 11:57 AM   #4
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Buy a passengers seat and use the cushion for your seat. Passenger ones are usually fresher and will match better than trying to paint it
Appreciate 2
e90yyc2426.50
S65Hunter1188.50
      07-06-2022, 07:43 PM   #5
Hoody007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZMZ LCI | 850i/6

Are you positive it’s leather?
A 323i is the lowest spec model one could order - I’m not even sure if you could option leather on one of those. Sounds like it’s senstatec (vinyl) which has split & faded. You’re lucky if it is, as all you need to do is restich & repaint with apporpriate vinyl coloring.

Do you have stitching across the middle of the door cards?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 03:41 AM   #6
wang890
Rep
Drives: BMW 323i 6 speed manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoody007 View Post
Are you positive it’s leather?
A 323i is the lowest spec model one could order - I’m not even sure if you could option leather on one of those. Sounds like it’s senstatec (vinyl) which has split & faded. You’re lucky if it is, as all you need to do is restich & repaint with apporpriate vinyl coloring.

Do you have stitching across the middle of the door cards?
Yeah sensatec pretty sure.

I had a bmw craving and don't like to buy expensive cars since it's a waste of money, thus lowest model is already a big upgrade over my other cars like 2002 sentra 2004 civic hybrid, 1991 240sx and 2001 Integra. Lol. I still have the sentra. The bmw has more comfortable suspension and just much more luxury than all of them. 3400 bucks Canadian is ok. A bit more than what I want to pay for an used car but wife is happy with this car.

See picture of the beat up driver seat.

I ordered this on aliexpress:

C$ 5.91 38%OFF | Self Adhesive Leather for Sofa Repair Patch Furniture Table Chair Sticker Seat Bag Shoe Bed Fix Mend PU Artificial Leather Skin
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqriVn0

I'll cut it to just cover the big rip and the crack under it and the the left side rip. If colour matches close enough I'll just leave it like that no need to paint lol.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0