E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Doors not locking or unlocking

07-07-2022, 04:59 AM   #1
gerrarditto
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW E90, G30

Doors not locking or unlocking

Ok, it drives me crazy already!

Suddenly, my car decided to ditch me. If I am trying to lock my car, only the driver and the fuel door is working. The rest of them including the trunk are not responding at all.
I thought this is it because of a broken door actuator from the rear, but now that is changed and I don't have any results

I also changed almost every fuse from the central locking section without any luck.

I am starting to get desperate here, anyone ?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 08:37 AM   #2
gerrarditto
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW E90, G30

At the moment I am using the key to unlock the driver door. the rest of the doors stays unlocked.

If I manually lock them by pushing the small button, thats it. Can't unlock them anymore.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 09:44 AM   #3
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrarditto View Post
At the moment I am using the key to unlock the driver door. the rest of the doors stays unlocked. If I manually lock them by pushing the small button, thats it. Can't unlock them anymore.
Questions:
1) What are Last-7 Characters of your VIN (so we can provide correct wiring diagrams)?
2) Sitting in car with doors closed, ALL doors will lock when you press Central Locking button on Dash Facia Center? But pressing that same button AGAIN will NOT unlock ANY door? I presume you CAN unlock any door by pulling interior door handle, and that ALL lock "pins" on top of door trim function to lock door when pressed down?
3) Does the trunk "UNLATCH" when the button is pressed at Driver door hinge?
4) Does any Remote Key function to Lock/Unlock ANY door, or to open Trunk?
5) When did this issue BEGIN?
6) Was any work done on the car PRIOR to issue beginning?
7) Please identify (make/model) any Scan Tool or Diagnostic Software (INPA/ISTA) you have that can read Fault Codes or display "Live Data"?
George
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2023, 02:21 PM   #4
Mike K
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 328i RWD

Garage List
Jumping on this older thread here. After putting my key fob thru the wash again (I know, I know) it still worked fine. All functions and starting the car worked as normal. But the uppermost silver "unlock" button tab had popped out a bit. I decided to very carefully cut this fob open and I was then able to pop the the "unlock" tab back into it's correct place.

Now the car starts fine, but I've lost the unlock and lock aspects of this fob. My other fob works as it should.

The battery in this now faulty fob measures about 3 volts DC. I was super careful to not damage the edges of the circuit board when I opened this fob up. I can't find even a scratch on it. I also reheated the battery solder points but no joy.

What am I missing here? Is there a simple procedure with any of the standard tools? I have ISTA, INPA, others etc..

Vin last 7 are A191724 on this 2011 e91 328i
No comfort access..

Thanks!

Last edited by Mike K; 04-10-2023 at 02:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2023, 11:38 PM   #5
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Could the board be misaligned with the buttons?
The buttons click actual buttons on the board.
Just a thought.
Appreciate 1
Mike K332.00
      04-11-2023, 08:22 AM   #6
Mike K
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 328i RWD

Garage List
Thanks Serf. The keys and three micro switches are indeed in alignment.
Appreciate 0