E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW Performance Center

07-07-2005, 11:11 PM   #1
lastofsix
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330I

Cool BMW Performance Center

Has anyone experienced delivery of their new 3 Series through the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg? I'm scheduled to pick up my 330i on the 21st of July at this delivery center. BMW sent me a letter confirming the date and provided a very high level agenda for the night/day activities, which includes a hands on driving course experience on their test track. From what the letter states we will be treated to a factory assembly tour, dinner, breakfast and lunch. Then finally the best part is taking delivery in their special show room??

My expectations are high and I don't want to be disappointed. If anyone has been through this I would love to hear your story.

My built to order car: 330I, Black Sapphire, Terra Leather, Nav, Window Shades, Parking Sensors, Auto, Heated Seats.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2005, 12:40 AM   #2
Arby 330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: jet black 330

u forgot the sports package!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... . mongo mistske! to each his own though my friend... enjoy it, u undoubtably will..

5% suntek- all the way around (15% strip on front winshield)
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2005, 06:10 AM   #3
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastofsix
Has anyone experienced delivery of their new 3 Series through the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg? I'm scheduled to pick up my 330i on the 21st of July at this delivery center. BMW sent me a letter confirming the date and provided a very high level agenda for the night/day activities, which includes a hands on driving course experience on their test track. From what the letter states we will be treated to a factory assembly tour, dinner, breakfast and lunch. Then finally the best part is taking delivery in their special show room??

My expectations are high and I don't want to be disappointed. If anyone has been through this I would love to hear your story.

My built to order car: 330I, Black Sapphire, Terra Leather, Nav, Window Shades, Parking Sensors, Auto, Heated Seats.
We'll be doing this in late July/early Aug.
Is your car in the US yet?
Mike
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2005, 10:10 AM   #4
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

You'll like the guys up there in Greer. The track is fun, ask really nice and they make take you out on the skidpad. weeeeeeeeeee.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2005, 09:07 PM   #5
lastofsix
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330I

Cool

Opps forgot to mention premium and sports package! My car is still in transit (according to the BMW web site). I'm hoping they teach me how to handle this car better (you know 360's, backward 180's)
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2005, 09:09 PM   #6
ogrady
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 09 335

Hi I don't have a personal experience myself, but my relative took delivery at the performance center and said the experience was awesome. He had an instructor with him on the test track and said he definitely learned a lot. Also, the whole experience was very professional.. the tours, meals and finally delivery. I'm sure you'll love it. Takes pix for us
Appreciate 0