First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
M240i Gold Strip in Headlight

If I option for the shadow line headlights on the G42 M240i do I still get the gold strip? If I'm not mistaken there are three headlight options the standard led headlights, adaptive headlights, shadowline headlights. I believe the standard led is just a small straight line shown below, and the adaptive and shadow line are the full question mark style light as shown below. But I want to know which one has the golden strip. I hope this makes sense.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 01:11 PM   #2
zipstic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi

Garage List
2008 335xi Coupe  [10.00]
In the US the gold strip is not present with the Shawdowline package. Not sure if Canada is the same or different than the US though.
      07-22-2022, 01:12 PM   #3
Brett_C_F30_G42
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F44 View Post
If I option for the shadow line headlights on the G42 M240i do I still get the gold strip? If I'm not mistaken there are three headlight options the standard led headlights, adaptive headlights, shadowline headlights. I believe the standard led is just a small straight line shown below, and the adaptive and shadow line are the full question mark style light as shown below. But I want to know which one has the golden strip. I hope this makes sense.
So three headlight options:
Standard LED
Adaptive LED
Adaptive LED w/ Shadowline

Standard LED- Partial daytime running light as a single bar. Low beams and high beams are not adaptive.

Adaptive LED- Full daytime running light "halo" with a golden accent strip. Low beams and high beams are adaptive.

Adaptive LED w/ Shadowline- Full daytime running light "halo" but with blacked out accents (darker tinted headlights and no golden accent strip). Low beams and high beams are adaptive.

Hope that helps!
2022 BMW M240i xDrive
Instagrams: bmw_2er_g42
Appreciate 3
jpcoop364.00
eddj466.00
      07-22-2022, 01:13 PM   #4
Cklam1209
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 230i

I think golden line is no more on G42, But the led like pivture below is came from Premeium package, not shadow line
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 01:23 PM   #5
jpcoop
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_C_F30_G42 View Post
Standard LED
Adaptive LED

Standard LED- Partial daytime running light as a single bar. Low beams and high beams are not adaptive.

Adaptive LED- Full daytime running light "halo" with a golden accent strip. Low beams and high beams are adaptive.

Adaptive LED w/ Shadowline- Full daytime running light "halo" but with blacked out accents (darker tinted headlights and no golden accent strip). Low beams and high beams are adaptive.

Hope that helps!
This is the correct answer. Both adaptive options are functionally the same with cosmetic differences (smoky tint towards the back of the housing and no gold strip).
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2022, 02:51 PM   #6
sikotic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340I

I didn't even know this difference existed
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 03:52 PM   #7
tatarwj
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 2023 BMW M3CX

Garage List
2023 M3CX  [5.00]
BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Standard LED
Adaptive LED

Hope that helps!
Great info! Appreciate it!
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2022, 04:09 PM   #8
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Standard LED
Adaptive LED

Hope that helps!
Quote:
Quote:
Standard LED
Adaptive LED

Hope that helps!
That helps very much, thank you!! So my understanding indicates to get the Shadowline headlights because they look cooler as they are darker towards the back and slightly tinted? All you loose is the gold strip as it becomes silver to adhere to the "shadow" part of Shadowline, if that makes sense.
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2022, 04:22 PM   #9
Brett_C_F30_G42
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Standard LED
Adaptive LED

Hope that helps!
Quote:
Quote:
Standard LED
Adaptive LED

Hope that helps!
That helps very much, thank you!! So my understanding indicates to get the Shadowline headlights because they look cooler as they are darker towards the back and slightly tinted? All you loose is the gold strip as it becomes silver to adhere to the "shadow" part of Shadowline, if that makes sense.
If you opted for the Shadowline, then kind of yeah. The golden accent strip disappears and the halo no longer appears gold along with the tinted headlight. It appears blue. I'll attach a photo of the blue below.
Attached Images

2022 BMW M240i xDrive
Instagrams: bmw_2er_g42
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 11:17 PM   #10
azuki
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i

What a piece of art
Appreciate 1
      07-23-2022, 02:11 AM   #11
g42bmw
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i, 2020 M340i

The accent strip technically is still there for shadow line, it's just black.
Appreciate 1
yanks1484.00