E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Trying to get smog ready, e90 n54

08-02-2022, 10:11 PM   #1
rcroq17
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi n54

Garage List
2008 E90  [10.00]
Trying to get smog ready, e90 n54

Hi all,

So i have an e90 n54 that i bought before. Previous owner had some mods done to it (list below) and one of them is having it catless. I have tried to get it smog ready but i got a rejection result with OBDII Cat, O2 sensor and O2 Heat sensor all were UNSET due to recent battery issue. I drove it like normal to get those codes resets but my Cat still on unset status, i'm afraid i'll fail next test if that wasn't set. I'm trying to avoid the long and expensive route which is replacing catless back to catted. By the way this car has stage 2 tune on it by previous owner but no idea what was done. I was thinking of reverting it back to stock and tuning it myself (or with a friend, possibly thru MHD). I would greatly appreciate any advise/help. Thank you in advance!

Mods;
VRSF Catless downpipe
VRSF FMIC
TIAL BOV
VRSF Charge pipe
VRSF DCI
Stage 2 tune.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 12:48 AM   #2
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Cat less down pipes won’t let you pass.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 09:33 AM   #3
kingcloudix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SG E92 Diego aka Silver Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcroq17 View Post
Hi all,

So i have an e90 n54 that i bought before. Previous owner had some mods done to it (list below) and one of them is having it catless. I have tried to get it smog ready but i got a rejection result with OBDII Cat, O2 sensor and O2 Heat sensor all were UNSET due to recent battery issue. I drove it like normal to get those codes resets but my Cat still on unset status, i'm afraid i'll fail next test if that wasn't set. I'm trying to avoid the long and expensive route which is replacing catless back to catted. By the way this car has stage 2 tune on it by previous owner but no idea what was done. I was thinking of reverting it back to stock and tuning it myself (or with a friend, possibly thru MHD). I would greatly appreciate any advise/help. Thank you in advance!

Mods;
VRSF Catless downpipe
VRSF FMIC
TIAL BOV
VRSF Charge pipe
VRSF DCI
Stage 2 tune.
I have very similar set up and passed 2 weeks ago. I believe I had one parameter reading incomplete and i believe it was cat. I'll check a little later and verify. But I think you will be fine if everything else either reads complete or not available.
Appreciate 0