home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) Photos, Videos and Builds

08-06-2022, 02:49 PM   #1
Winrya
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i G42

Another Brooklyn grey m240i

Picked mine up yesterday. Its blown my socks off. Had plenty of nice cars but I’ve never driven a vehicle that has got so much attention. Everyone is giving me a thumbs up and nods of approval, neighbours coming over for a look. Feels like a real muscle car, lovely noise, stunning interior and like everyone says, the way it looks in the metal seems to be so much better than in photos. Also what I thought was interesting, dealer said 4 m240’s arrived together, all 4 were pro pack cars and mine was the only one with the m technology cooling pack and my brakes were much bigger than the other cars. They feel mega so far!!

spec:
Brooklyn grey
Pro pack
Tech Pack
M tech pack
Adaptive suspension
Silver dash trim
comfort pack

Fitted today
M performance spoiler
Black m240 badge
Black m badges
Floating centre wheel badges
M valve caps
M projector lights
Carbon steering wheel trim
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      08-06-2022, 02:58 PM   #2
DrJLag420
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Beautiful! Wait til you get to open her up (assuming you haven't yet&#128521
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 03:17 PM   #3
Winrya
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJLag420 View Post
Beautiful! Wait til you get to open her up (assuming you haven't yet&#128521
Not gone crazy but had a little bit of an explore near the red line 😂 she definitely has a drink problem however. Keep wondering if it’s setup to USA mpg gallons rather than uk😂
Appreciate 1
DrJLag420799.00
      08-06-2022, 04:20 PM   #4
Jabbroni
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G42 220i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winrya View Post
Picked mine up yesterday. Its blown my socks off. Had plenty of nice cars but I’ve never driven a vehicle that has got so much attention. Everyone is giving me a thumbs up and nods of approval, neighbours coming over for a look. Feels like a real muscle car, lovely noise, stunning interior and like everyone says, the way it looks in the metal seems to be so much better than in photos. Also what I thought was interesting, dealer said 4 m240’s arrived together, all 4 were pro pack cars and mine was the only one with the m technology cooling pack and my brakes were much bigger than the other cars. They feel mega so far!!

spec:
Brooklyn grey
Pro pack
Tech Pack
M tech pack
Adaptive suspension
Silver dash trim
comfort pack

Fitted today
M performance spoiler
Black m240 badge
Black m badges
Floating centre wheel badges
M valve caps
M projector lights
Carbon steering wheel trim
Stunning m8 but mines going straight to the detailer oh and mines a 220i
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 04:33 PM   #5
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M240i

Where'd you get the steering wheel trim?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 04:36 PM   #6
Winrya
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbroni View Post
Stunning m8 but mines going straight to the detailer oh and mines a 220i
Cheers mate. Mines off in a couple of weeks for detail and ceramic coat. Car was 3 weeks early 😂 to be fair the paint needs a good machine polish, fair few defects picked up on its journey from Mexico to Germany to the uk
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 04:37 PM   #7
Winrya
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
Where'd you get the steering wheel trim?
The autoid boys
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 11:40 PM   #8
azuki
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i

gorgeous clean shots. are those windows tinted? i realized my dealer put some DEALER ADD-ONS (UGH, perma plate and phantom footprint) for my order and i'm trying to switch it for tinted windows instead, something i would actually want.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 12:51 AM   #9
Winrya
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by azuki View Post
gorgeous clean shots. are those windows tinted? i realized my dealer put some DEALER ADD-ONS (UGH, perma plate and phantom footprint) for my order and i'm trying to switch it for tinted windows instead, something i would actually want.
Tinted from factory. Standard option in the uk
Appreciate 1
azuki329.50
      08-12-2022, 12:33 AM   #10
mlowz
Rep
Drives: BMW G42

Very nice build! Shadowline + black m240 badge is a great combo!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 03:36 PM   #11
2srsman
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

stunning spec! still yet to see another m240i on the road
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 04:20 PM   #12
Winrya
Private First Class
Rep

So a week in and 500 miles done I’m absolutely blown away by this car. I’ve been driving Audis and vws for the past 15 years and this is my first bmw. My wife and I both said the same, it feels like such a massive step from our previous 310 s3 8v black edition it feels like we’ve gone from a punto to a Lamborghini.

First thing that has surprised me is how much attention this car gets. I’ve pretty much never seen any attention in my Audis, maybe an odd nice car from work collegues but they generally just blend in. This car is almost embarrassing to drive anywhere, motorbikes slowing on motorways to give me thumbs up, thumbs up in car parks. I parked up yesterday and 2 lads had walked over taking photos and were waiting for me to get out to ask questions. Maybe it’s that not many are on the roads and no one knows what it is but it’s getting a lot of love.

I was expecting good things but it’s hard not to go over the top with it. The b58 is incredible. Waves of toque and power just rockets the car down the road. Had a bit of a play in sport mode with manual today, the aggressive gear changes add another level and after being used to front biased haldex setups, this rear biased setup feels incredible. The adaptive suspension is so smooth in comfort yet firm but usable in sport mode. A lot is said about exhaust noise (lack of) but in sport mode the burbles on start up are brilliant and the burble from the engine (I don’t want to know how much is fake) is making me feel like a kid. The throttle response i wonderful after the audi dead pedal. Tech is another level after the audi, wireless car play is great. The virtual cockpit I’m enjoying much more than the audi version, the harman karden is great, comfort pack with memory seats, the comfort of the seats and driving position. It’s so well balanced as a package. And don’t get me started on the heads up display.

Another shock is the fuel consumption, averaged 34mpg the last fill and doing a 55 miles each way on a country lane journey today the car averaged 44mpg. This is a good 15% better then the s3 could manage.

Only negatives so far, i have to turn off lane assist every time I start the car. Set that function to quick button 1😂 those quick buttons are amazing too. Had a star button in audi, i have 8 of my most useful functions added now. Oh, and the brakes are still not bedded in so still lacking power after good initial bite. I haven’t done a lot of braking so will make more of an effort to get them bedded in over the next couple of weeks.

So in summary, love the looks, love the engine and drive train, love the cheap running costs and insurance, love the interior and the tech. It’s turned out to be an absolute bargain, cannot think of a better car for the money.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 04:55 PM   #13
donnyfontaine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche macan

Quote:
Not gone crazy but had a little bit of an explore near the red line 😂 she definitely has a drink problem however. Keep wondering if it’s setup to USA mpg gallons rather than uk😂
i presume youre not keeping it under 4,500RPM for the first 2000km like it says in the manual? 😛
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2022, 03:52 AM   #14
Winrya
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyfontaine View Post
i presume youre not keeping it under 4,500RPM for the first 2000km like it says in the manual? 😛
I’ve strayed over a couple of times. Dealer said not to worry too much, more important to run the brakes in rather than the engine
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 04:44 PM   #15
Jabbroni
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G42 220i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyfontaine View Post
I've strayed over a couple of times. Dealer said not to worry too much, more important to run the brakes in rather than the engine
It's mine now and I love it

I've also got a contrasting black shark fin cover on now sets it off well imo
Attached Images

Appreciate 0