E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 3 or 5 pin wing mirrors??

08-16-2022, 10:13 AM   #1
j.wallace
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 04' Z4 3.0i SE

3 or 5 pin wing mirrors??

Had a run in with a wheelie bin a few months ago and the wing mirror was taken off my 2014 330d M-Sport.

I need to get a replacement but I can't find any solid info on whether it's a 3 or 5 pin mirror?

They are powerfold but I don't have memory seats.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 01:31 PM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.wallace View Post
Had a run in with a wheelie bin a few months ago and the wing mirror was taken off my 2014 330d M-Sport. I need to get a replacement but I can't find any solid info on whether it's a 3 or 5 pin mirror? They are powerfold but I don't have memory seats.
Welcome to the Forum!
How fast was that Dumpster going when it collided with your mirror?
Is that the Mirror on "Far-Right" Wing, or Near-Side Left Wing?
RHD/RL in UK I presume?

NOT familiar with the F30. The wiring diagrams for F3x use a different format from the E9x models, although they ARE available in ISTA, and if you provide the Last-7 Charaters of your VIN, I can provide ISTA ScreenPrints.

However, as your post suggests, there may be variants of exterior mirrors used in F30, e.g. LIN-BUS or NOT. So for us to help, we need following from YOU:

1) Last-7 Characters of your VIN;
2) Check VIN Decoder linked below for mirror option your vehicle has, if any, and let us know the option code:
https://www.mdecoder.com/
3) If you can take photos of the mirror Connector, showing the number and configuration of the sockets in the Chassis connector, that would help us help you.
4) You can also lookup the Part# in RealOEM.com Parts Catalog, and at least determine what variants, and HOW they differ:
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select

George
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 02:22 PM   #3
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Remove your door panel and check how many wires are on the connector for the mirror.
Appreciate 0