E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E92 2013 left xenon headligh low beam not working

08-16-2022, 11:15 PM   #1
Rubiopat
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe, BMW 328i coupe

E92 2013 left xenon headligh low beam not working

Hello,
The left headlight on my 2013 328i coupe got damaged by water condensation. Most of the ballasts and control units were rusted, so after cleaning the inside and fixing the seal, I replaced all external components with new parts and bulbs. Only the angel lights and parking lights work. Low and High beams never turn on and the dashboard warning indicator shows low beam malfunctioning.
then, I decided to replace the assembly by a used one from ebay, because mine showed rust and breakage of the internal wiring covers (the plastic cover was peeling off in several areas). The used assembly arrived, it looks in perfect and BMW original condition, however when I moved all the ballasts and controls and installed the unit, I got the same results: Angel lights and parking lights work. Low and High beams never turn on and the dashboard warning indicator shows low beam malfunctioning.

I checked the fuses and the are fine. Tried to reset the dashboard but it doesn't reset. I have read that this repair is plug and play. Any idea of what could be wrong? It would be a big coincidence that both units have the same damage.

How could I keep testing? Please help! The last thing I want is to buy a new headlight for over $1K, almost 10% of the market value of my car :-(
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 02:19 PM   #2
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Reset frm short circuits and see what it does.
Appreciate 0