BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

08-22-2022, 01:02 PM   #1
has_ak
Private
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp xDrive

Car build delayed again.

Hey everyone.

I had initially ordered my M240i in 3/3/22 and was dye for a June delivery then as we all know the changed the interior and cars were delayed further. I was then told this will be delivered in october so i said fine.

Yesterday I get a call from my dealer and the car is now delayed till March next year!!!

Is anyone else from the UK experiencing such crazy delays? Im really tempted to just cancel and look for a stock car of some sort instead now.

Has
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 01:11 PM   #2
sikotic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340I

Some dealers will pretend like they have allocations coming just so you sit there and wait for them. I would just start calling dealers and see who has an allocation you can use immediately
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 01:47 PM   #3
has_ak
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikotic View Post
Some dealers will pretend like they have allocations coming just so you sit there and wait for them. I would just start calling dealers and see who has an allocation you can use immediately
I have tried that, but no other dealership have been able to match the deal I got with the dealer I've ordered from.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 01:50 PM   #4
LivingInSalt
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i

um, what kind of deal? if you're talking money off MSRP, then it's clear your dealership is just putting you off until they think the market has cooled enough to only charge you MSRP

in which case no car for a year means you're not actually getting a deal at all
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2022, 06:52 AM   #5
Em240eye
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i, Gen 2 Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by has_ak View Post
Hey everyone.

I had initially ordered my M240i in 3/3/22 and was dye for a June delivery then as we all know the changed the interior and cars were delayed further. I was then told this will be delivered in october so i said fine.

Yesterday I get a call from my dealer and the car is now delayed till March next year!!!

Is anyone else from the UK experiencing such crazy delays? Im really tempted to just cancel and look for a stock car of some sort instead now.

Has
I ordered 31 July 2021 with delivery promised for launch in early 2022
Car got moved back many times and eventually was built in June just before idrive 8 changes. Took delivery on 16th August 2022, 6 months after the original delivery date.

I had a good discount and price was protected from increases, when the dealer offered me my deposit back I suspected they wanted me to cancel.

I hung in there and love the car, it was painful and I think the communication from BMW has been awful.
I won’t forget this treatment, and despite loving the car don’t think I’ll buy from them again, not because of the delays, because of the poor comms, and when I saw people getting cars before me who ordered much later they just shrugged their shoulders and said they didn’t understand it.
Appreciate 1
has_ak36.50
      08-23-2022, 06:55 AM   #6
azuki
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i

i got a pretty decent deal. 5% off msrp and 1% tax rate (instead of 6.25%), but i'm week 43
Appreciate 1
has_ak36.50
      08-23-2022, 07:11 AM   #7
colonel_smith
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I

Ordered mine 6th October 2021 and still waiting. Last info from Bmw was build in august for a September delivery.
I very much doubt that is going to happen as to get here for September it needs to be built and ready to ship.
Was all for cancelling but trying to get any car for the deposit and monthlies I will be paying bmw is impossible.
Just to rub my nose in it my dealer now has a same spec and colour as mine for a demo car.
I do wonder if it was my order and they didn't want to wait for their car.
Appreciate 1
has_ak36.50
      08-23-2022, 09:40 AM   #8
ClammyPepper
ClammyPepper
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by has_ak View Post
Hey everyone.

Has
I'm in Scotland, ordered from my dealership in early May 22. Was told to expect November.

Contacted them yesterday as I hadn't heard anything since I placed my order, and I was told that no sign of a build slot and therefore no allocation of VIN yet. They agree that it's realistically Christmas/New Year for delivery because BMW will likely rush for EOY numbers... but we'll see.

Agree with comments in the thread around communication. I don't really grudge the wait (though I am desperate to get it) as I know all manufacturers are the same just now. It's the communication that frustrates me. I've not heard in over 3 months, and had to reach out to them to get information.

When I ordered my last car from Audi, I got a check-in every second week, even if there was no update. They did that for 6 months. It does tarnish the experience if you stick your money down for a car and go months without even one check-in, especially given that since I ordered, the interior of the car has changed...
Appreciate 1
has_ak36.50
      08-23-2022, 12:55 PM   #9
has_ak
Private
Rep

Thank you for all the replies.

Yeh the deal is great compared to other dealerships. Apr is lower by 1% and monthlies lower by just over £100 and I've searched across the country for a similar deal and no one is willing to match it. Had to show proof of my deal to some as they didn't believe it.

The communication has truly been woeful from the dealership and BMW UK. The reason for the latest delay i was told was due to the current War between Russia and Ukraine. Beats me!

They did say they will call me in 2 weeks and let me know if it could be earlier than March. So will wait around and see what they say but in the meantime searching for stock cars in the UK.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 02:56 PM   #10
donnyfontaine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em240eye View Post
I ordered 31 July 2021 with delivery promised for launch in early 2022
Car got moved back many times and eventually was built in June just before idrive 8 changes. Took delivery on 16th August 2022, 6 months after the original delivery date.

I had a good discount and price was protected from increases, when the dealer offered me my deposit back I suspected they wanted me to cancel.
I think you took a W getting one of the last iD7. iD8 just isn't good yet, it looks tacked on and needs to have its growing pains before it'll be nearly as refined as iD7. Apart from Apple maps on the gauge cluster screen, there's nothing really redeeming on iD8 so consider yourself lucky
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 03:11 PM   #11
NY BMW Fan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i XDrive coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyfontaine View Post
I think you took a W getting one of the last iD7. iD8 just isn't good yet, it looks tacked on and needs to have its growing pains before it'll be nearly as refined as iD7. Apart from Apple maps on the gauge cluster screen, there's nothing really redeeming on iD8 so consider yourself lucky
I know this topic has been debated at length elsewhere, but I think we should all reserve judgment on iDrive 8 until 2023 cars are actually delivered and owners can opine based upon their actual use of the new system. Until a couple of weeks ago, I thought I would strongly prefer the current/old system (iDrive 7) -- including in particular physical knobs for important, frequently-used functions -- but once I knew that there was no chance of my getting a 2022, and that if I wanted the new M240i it necessarily meant iDrive 8, I decided that something had to give, and I would just keep an open mind. Maybe it will be worse, or better, or about the same.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 04:10 PM   #12
donnyfontaine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY BMW Fan View Post
I know this topic has been debated at length elsewhere, but I think we should all reserve judgment on iDrive 8 until 2023 cars are actually delivered and owners can opine based upon their actual use of the new system. Until a couple of weeks ago, I thought I would strongly prefer the current/old system (iDrive 7) -- including in particular physical knobs for important, frequently-used functions -- but once I knew that there was no chance of my getting a 2022, and that if I wanted the new M240i it necessarily meant iDrive 8, I decided that something had to give, and I would just keep an open mind. Maybe it will be worse, or better, or about the same.
I'm just saying I reserved judgement til I used it in an iX for a half an hour at my dealership. No, I didn't live with it, but I just didn't like it. I'm sure a lot of people will like it because it's new and some people may like the curved screen but it's not for me. I do think a lot of people simply will not care as much as I do, plus at the end of the day it's just a car OS.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 04:27 PM   #13
Em240eye
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i, Gen 2 Macan S

Quote:
The id7 or 8 isn’t really a factor for me. I don’t have a strong preference, having previously owned an F40 M135i and a G30 530 I wouldn’t have minded something new. I only mentioned it because I think it forced BMW to make my car because it would have cost them even more to produce it with id8
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 04:29 PM   #14
coreyjn7
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY BMW Fan View Post
I'm just saying I reserved judgement til I used it in an iX for a half an hour at my dealership. No, I didn't live with it, but I just didn't like it. I'm sure a lot of people will like it because it's new and some people may like the curved screen but it's not for me. I do think a lot of people simply will not care as much as I do, plus at the end of the day it's just a car OS.
The argument mainly exists because people are upset their car has been superseded after 6 months and they need to justify to others why. Its like the old M2 N55 owners saying they would rather have their car than an M2C because of the noise
Appreciate 1