E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > ABS Works intermittently

10-07-2022, 07:55 AM   #1
BMWe90_328i
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

ABS Works intermittently

Hi I recently purchased a 2007 328i BMW and it has problems with the DSC / ABS. The thing it's that some times the DSC works perfectly by days and then the system shut of and turn on the ABS light in the dashboard. I had check with INPA the wheel speed sensors and they works well even when the ABS light its on. However when I read the errors codes in the module I got the following errors 5DF0 (E0) and 5DF1 (E0).
I want to discard another causes before change the ABS unit, so I will really appreciated your help with this, thanks in advance…
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 09:41 AM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWe90_328i View Post
... 2007 328i... sometimes the DSC works perfectly by days and then the system shut of and turn on the ABS light in the dashboard. I had check with INPA the wheel speed sensors and they works well even when the ABS light its on. However when I read the errors codes in the module I got the following errors 5DF0 (E0) and 5DF1 (E0)...
Using INPA, please Connect to the DSC Module (as you did if you monitored Wheel Speed as Live Data).
INPA > DSC (Chassis | Dynamic Stability Control) > F4 Error Memory > F1 Read Error Memory
Save a ScreenPrint of the Screen(s) showing your two fault codes, 5DF0 & 5DF1. Those Screens show (in German) the Definition of each Fault Code, AND some Details, related to EACH code. Save a ScreenPrint of each as a jpg/png file and attach to your next post here.

The Definition of the code depends upon the "SGBD" or Variant of your DSC Module, but likely you either have an issue with the Connector at the DSC Module (next to Brake Fluid Reservoir), OR with the pump. Since you have INPA, your focus should be on learning HOW to use INPA to provide DATA related to the issue. You will learn DIAGNOSTIC skills you can use for as long as you maintain your vehicle yourself. When you post the Fault Definitions/ Details, we can translate those and suggest "Next Steps".

See the attached pdf, "INPA Tutorial Quickstart", for procedure on HOW to save ScreenPrints of INPA screens to attach here (and for your own future reference ;-)
George
Attached Images
File Type: pdf INPA Tutorial Quickstart.pdf (682.2 KB, 6 views)
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2022, 09:47 AM   #3
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (GM-delete 6MT)

ABS is only supposed to work intermittently, otherwise your wheels lock up and you can’t move.
      10-07-2022, 10:53 AM   #4
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post
ABS is only supposed to work intermittently, otherwise your wheels lock up and you can’t move.

I trust NO ONE needs to explain ABS to you.
George
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 12:20 PM   #5
BMWe90_328i
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWe90_328i View Post
... 2007 328i... sometimes the DSC works perfectly by days and then the system shut of and turn on the ABS light in the dashboard. I had check with INPA the wheel speed sensors and they works well even when the ABS light its on. However when I read the errors codes in the module I got the following errors 5DF0 (E0) and 5DF1 (E0)...
Using INPA, please Connect to the DSC Module (as you did if you monitored Wheel Speed as Live Data).
INPA > DSC (Chassis | Dynamic Stability Control) > F4 Error Memory > F1 Read Error Memory
Save a ScreenPrint of the Screen(s) showing your two fault codes, 5DF0 & 5DF1. Those Screens show (in German) the Definition of each Fault Code, AND some Details, related to EACH code. Save a ScreenPrint of each as a jpg/png file and attach to your next post here.

The Definition of the code depends upon the "SGBD" or Variant of your DSC Module, but likely you either have an issue with the Connector at the DSC Module (next to Brake Fluid Reservoir), OR with the pump. Since you have INPA, your focus should be on learning HOW to use INPA to provide DATA related to the issue. You will learn DIAGNOSTIC skills you can use for as long as you maintain your vehicle yourself. When you post the Fault Definitions/ Details, we can translate those and suggest "Next Steps".

See the attached pdf, "INPA Tutorial Quickstart", for procedure on HOW to save ScreenPrints of INPA screens to attach here (and for your own future reference ;-)
George
Thanks it's very helpful your instructions I wil fallow it.
Appreciate 0