F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Is this a FEM issue? Low beam does not turn on
ARMA SPEED

10-16-2022, 11:30 PM   #1
thekidfromlaguna
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328xi

Is this a FEM issue? Low beam does not turn on

Hey team,

2014 BMW 328i XDrive
Purchased the car with LEDS.
I tried to replace them today since the low beam is not on.
I have noticed over the last year that I get warning signs but would disappear overtime.

After testing it with the driver side LED (the side that works) it still doesn’t work. I moved it vice versa and both leds have no problems. I also purchased a new one to fully test and the passenger side low beam is still not turning on.

Can someone please direct me. I’ve been googling and it seems to be FEM. Lord, I just recovered from a Timing Chain install. So please let me know what I can do lol

Last edited by thekidfromlaguna; 10-16-2022 at 11:30 PM.. Reason: Forgot make and model
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 06:30 PM   #2
zatelli
Private First Class
Morocco
Rep
Drives: 2013 RWD F30

First, I'll recap, what I understood from your statements: you switched around your Xenon low beams. Since both work on the driver side, then this can be ruled out of the equation.
This leaves chafed wiring on the passenger side (check wire 25 at plug connector A173*2B for a possible short).
If the aforementioned wire is fine, this leaves the FEM (possibly the short circuit counter has tripped, which requires coding).
It'd be helpful, if you posted the error codes to better troubleshoot your issue
Appreciate 0