bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-09-2022, 03:41 AM   #1
FiEXHAUST
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-8, M and X series

G42 M240i Coupe Max 121 dB w/ Sport Valvetronic Fi EXHAUST

G42 M240i Coupe Max 121 dB w/ Sport Valvetronic Fi EXHAUST.

Contact us for inquiry: click here

Frequency Intelligent Exhaust provides the best of both worlds. It’s the perfect exhaust system for those who want to cruise in comfort and experience sport car resonance and Fi EXHAUST signature frequency at a press of a button.

The Fi EXHAUST has been rigorously tested to offer the highest performance and optimal sound frequency. The exhaust is built from a high grade stainless steel material and masterfully detailed and finished using TIG welding producing high quality and clean welds.

When valves are closed exhaust gasses are routed through the muffler resulting in a low-profile comfortable drive. When valves are fully open for maximum flow and performance it creates an intense sports car sound with signature Fi EXHAUST frequency.

Fi users can regulate a desired sound volume from quiet comfort to sporty aggressive using an factory sport drive mode. In sport mode valves are opened, which improves exhaust gas flow, increases sound volume and spices up exhaust note.

Fi users can also experience our vibrant exhaust sound on their own terms using our cutting edge Fi Pro Control System. Our sporty 2 button style remote control is lightweight, ergonomic and offers an intuitive way to switch between Street and Race sound profiles. The design is smooth and offers a nice grip, and the aluminum alloy ring can be customized in 14 different colors or switched to forged carbon rings with a unique marble-like texture.

Take the personalization further with our Fi Pro App available both App Store and Google Play. Search “Fi EXHAUST Pro” to download and monitor real-time valve status with the help of our intuitive and user friendly interface. Assign Auto Mode preferences based on RPM/Speed/Turbo Boost. When Auto Mode is activated the system will intelligently open valves depending on the auto mode method and set data unit, for example, at 3000RPM.

Fi Pro Control System also addresses the CEL issue after changing to an aftermarket exhaust. On an engine startup Fi users can activate Auto Scan function to instantly scan and delete any CEL related to catalytic converter. This function can be activated on Fi Pro App and is available on selected car models. Manual debugging is also available to remove unwanted CEL related to catalytic convertor.

BMW G42 M240i features:
  • Full valvetronic exhaust system, which includes front pipe, mid X-pipe, valvetronic muffler, downpipes and quad tips.
  • 2 downpipe options: Ultra high flow catless and Sport 200 cell downpipes.
  • Manufactured from a high-grade T304 stainless steel.
  • Expert TIG welding techniques.
  • Weight reduction compared to OEM/Stock exhaust.
  • Street/Race exhaust sound profiles.
  • Rigorously sound tuned exhaust sound frequency.
  • Horsepower increase and low back pressure.
  • Guaranteed bolt-on fitment using precision crafted design.
  • Exhaust tips available in 5 colors: silver, titanium blue, gold, diamond black and with carbon fiber.
  • Exhaust is also compatible with factory trapezoid style tailpipes.
  • Fi intelligent ECU exhaust valve control valve flaps can be controlled using OEM factory settings.
  • Fi intelligent ECU exhaust control valve flaps can also be controlled with Fi Pro Control System (optional).
  • Available for OPF and non-OPF models.

Appreciate 1
      12-09-2022, 11:15 AM   #2
Alpine Flyer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 m240i xDrive

Wow, what a Dream setup! Great work, Fi. I shall contact my Bank loan dept.
Appreciate 2
      12-09-2022, 06:58 PM   #3
kaos2774
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 2022

I'm definitely interested in getting this exhaust. Question, will the stock valve work with this exhaust?
Appreciate 1
FiEXHAUST196.50
      12-10-2022, 04:09 AM   #4
Rdurty2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos2774 View Post
I'm definitely interested in getting this exhaust. Question, will the stock valve work with this exhaust?
Pretty certain it uses its own exhaust valve since it would be replacing all of that piping.

It’s odd that there are zero pictures of the exhaust. Also a bit scary that aren’t posting the price. Surely it can be worse than the cost of the akropovic
Appreciate 2
      12-10-2022, 07:55 AM   #5
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

Are we becoming the next Mustang community? 121 dB being advertised like it’s something to be proud of.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-10-2022, 01:31 PM   #6
kaos2774
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
Pretty certain it uses its own exhaust valve since it would be replacing all of that piping.

It’s odd that there are zero pictures of the exhaust. Also a bit scary that aren’t posting the price. Surely it can be worse than the cost of the akropovic
I checked out the price of the m340i. It's around 4K, the m240i should be around the same.
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2022, 06:42 PM   #7
Soylent
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post
Are we becoming the next Mustang community? 121 dB being advertised like it’s something to be proud of.
No kidding. There is enough douche-baggery already out there with the mustangs and mopars. What happened to quality over quantity?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2022, 07:51 PM   #8
Alpine Flyer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
No kidding. There is enough douche-baggery already out there with the mustangs and mopars. What happened to quality over quantity?
Nothing happened to quality over quantity. It's still there. Not sure why you think that. In addition to "Mustangs & Mopars", there are plenty of BMWs with loud exhausts. But if someone likes a louder sound than you, apparently they are "douche-bags". Maybe they think you're a "douche-bag", for some reason. But, you don't care what they think, and they don't care what you think.

I'm still trying to decide what I want, and how it should sound. The Fi kit is interesting. Maybe it IS too loud, but the sound QUALITY is subjective. I happened to like it, based on the video. Very often, videos and online info are all we have to go on.
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2022, 05:36 PM   #9
Soylent
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4C

Quality of sound, not build quality. I don't feel that the really loud exhaust that have come out for several BMW platforms has improved the sound, including one I have on my G82. Maybe it is the nature of the B58 and S58. We can agree that it is subjective. Maybe I came off a bit harsh. I feel for this amount of money the sound should be much better. Dinan? TFL? We shall see.
Appreciate 2
      12-14-2022, 10:57 AM   #10
HawksG42
CE560XL Pilot
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
Quality of sound, not build quality. I don't feel that the really loud exhaust that have come out for several BMW platforms has improved the sound, including one I have on my G82. Maybe it is the nature of the B58 and S58. We can agree that it is subjective. Maybe I came off a bit harsh. I feel for this amount of money the sound should be much better. Dinan? TFL? We shall see.
I'm of the "wait and see" crowd right now. It seems like every week there's a new product coming out from reputable manufactures. I want to hit SEMA next year and see what comes up.
Appreciate 1
      12-14-2022, 11:02 AM   #11
Alpine Flyer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I checked out the price of the m340i. It's around 4K, the m240i should be around the same.
You are correct. The price they gave me was $4200 for the complete kit, that included shipping to my state. Other states shipping might be a bit more or less. They will also break the kit down and ship whatever portion you want. They might even make you a deal! I like the kit, only question I have is on the 200 cell cat dp. Not a lot of info on it, except they said it passed all Taiwan regulation, etc. No rush, for me. Not sure what I want to do yet. I like thinking about these things, and taking my time. It makes me Happy!
Appreciate 1
      12-14-2022, 11:05 AM   #12
HawksG42
CE560XL Pilot
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Flyer View Post

No rush, for me. Not sure what I want to do yet. I like thinking about these things, and taking my time. It makes me Happy!
This is what I tell my wife all the time. Then when she's nauseatingly discussing new curtains I like to remind her of it!
Appreciate 2
      12-14-2022, 11:12 AM   #13
Alpine Flyer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksG42 View Post
This is what I tell my wife all the time. Then when she's nauseatingly discussing new curtains I like to remind her of it!
Yep, or a new purse/blouse etc. It all works out!
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2022, 08:32 PM   #14
FiEXHAUST
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-8, M and X series

Quote:
The exhaust is integrated with our valves that reuse stock valve actuator/motor allowing you to retain factory settings to open/close the valves.

Additionally, you can also install our Fi Pro remote to bypass factory functions and gain more control over the valves at the press of a button.

Currently, as it is our newest product, we don't have images of the exhaust setup. But we'll put them up at the soonest availability.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 04:39 AM   #15
Rdurty2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiEXHAUST View Post
The exhaust is integrated with our valves that reuse stock valve actuator/motor allowing you to retain factory settings to open/close the valves.

Additionally, you can also install our Fi Pro remote to bypass factory functions and gain more control over the valves at the press of a button.

Currently, as it is our newest product, we don't have images of the exhaust setup. But we'll put them up at the soonest availability.
How are you selling something that you don’t even have pictures of?!
Appreciate 1
MrPickles206.50
      12-20-2022, 04:15 PM   #16
M240SLC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Flyer View Post
Yep, or a new purse/blouse etc. It all works out!
You guys got off cheap...my wife always talks about getting a new car, 8 months after just getting a new one.
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2022, 04:41 PM   #17
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

Quote:
Originally Posted by M240SLC View Post
You guys got off cheap...my wife always talks about getting a new car, 8 months after just getting a new one.
Keep'n up with the Smith's.
Appreciate 1
M240SLC392.50
      12-20-2022, 06:28 PM   #18
M240SLC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post
Keep'n up with the Smith's.
No one to keep up with around here. Every mom in Utah seems to drive a minivan or a 3 row SUV. My wife just gets bored with cars quickly. How I'm still around after 10 years is a mystery.
Appreciate 1
XC3LLR82062.50