BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

01-19-2023, 01:00 PM   #1
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

Had someone ask me about my settings for the xHP tune, as there's lots of options and experimenting required to find your ideal settings.

First of all, I recommend just going straight to Stage 3. From there I only tweaked a couple of the customized sub-menus, which are shown in the screenshots below. I included screenshots of the descriptions as well, rather than trying to summarize them.

So far I'm very pleased with the purchase, although I feel it's over-priced by at least $100 (especially if you need to buy the OBD adapter on top of the software). I love the quicker/snappier shifts in Sport mode, and the shifts are even smoother in Comfort mode. And the transmission holding gears in Sport Plus w/Traction turned off is kinda crazy! Once I get around to installing the AA downpipe I'm sure sound of the shifts will be even better.

Another plus is if you aren't planning on buying BimmerCode, but want to disable the Auto Start/Stop funchtion, xHP will do it. It also displays your gear while in Drive, whereas you currently only see that with the transmission in Sport.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
      01-19-2023, 04:55 PM   #2
ryo-
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 MWM M240i

thanks for posting your settings! I fell sucker to the OBD2 adapter thinking that my modBMW one would work... nope gotta buy one of their listed ones.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 04:59 PM   #3
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryo- View Post
thanks for posting your settings! I fell sucker to the OBD2 adapter thinking that my modBMW one would work... nope gotta buy one of their listed ones.
Yep, same thing happened to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 05:01 PM   #4
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Not sure why Gear Display isn't turned on?

I think it's because it is automatically added as part of the flash, and you turn the slider 'on' in order to enter the screen to turn off the Gear Display option. Sorta confusing.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 06:48 PM   #5
MrPickles
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240ix

Does this trans tune leave traces behind that are detectable and can be used to invalidate warranty? I'm assuming yes, but want to be sure what I'm getting myself into.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 06:56 PM   #6
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPickles View Post
Does this trans tune leave traces behind that are detectable and can be used to invalidate warranty? I'm assuming yes, but want to be sure what I'm getting myself into.
I bet xHP can answer that. They’re good at email replies. Let us know what they say if you ask.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 07:06 PM   #7
MrPickles
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post
I bet xHP can answer that. They’re good at email replies. Let us know what they say if you ask.
Welp, here's the answer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      01-19-2023, 07:12 PM   #8
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPickles View Post
Welp, here's the answer.
Makes sense, and it’s nice they’re transparent about it.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 12:42 PM   #9
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

Mr Pickles: thanks for posting
I read that as...maybe. Yes the dealer cannot detect the xHP, but if investigating a failure of some kind they may be able to detect the alteration of the calibration file? Of course nothing automatically voids the warranty, the failure has to be attributed to the change you made, and its all BMWs call on that.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 03:25 PM   #10
ryo-
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

so I was testing out the stage 3 tune with the settings posted and the only change I made was the 3 -> 2 downshift M blip to 0%. I felt 10% made the car too jerky when downshifting under braking in sport + transmission mode. I noticed the revs went up too fast and started dropping slightly before the transmission caught up and grabbed the gear, causing the jerk. at 0% it still kinda jerks, but it's bearable.
Appreciate 1
XC3LLR82062.50
      01-21-2023, 03:46 PM   #11
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
so I was testing out the stage 3 tune with the settings posted and the only change I made was the 3 -> 2 downshift M blip to 0%. I felt 10% made the car too jerky when downshifting under braking in sport + transmission mode. I noticed the revs went up too fast and started dropping slightly before the transmission caught up and grabbed the gear, causing the jerk. at 0% it still kinda jerks, but it's bearable.
I know what you mean and I was thinking about reducing mine as well the next time I connect it. The reason it’s currently lower than the others is exactly for this reason.

3rd to 2nd in manual makes the car lunge a little with the downshift following. So far it’s the only “bug” I’ve experienced and hoping they’ll address it in an update, as I like the way the other downshifts feel. As it is, I simply let the computer handle the shifts from 3-2-1 when I’m in manual.

How do you like everything else?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 04:15 PM   #12
ryo-
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post

How do you like everything else?
everything is great but I kinda expected a bit more difference from stock for the price lol. I still have yet to push the car to see how it behaves at the limit but if spirited driving holds up well, I bet it will be the same.

one thing I was trying out was sport + traction to see how high the revs hold, but was not able to get it to work as described in the stage 3 description. maybe I'm interpreting it wrong? it just behaves as normal and I was expecting the revs to hold around 5k-5.5k until it can downshift into the next gear.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 04:54 PM   #13
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
everything is great but I kinda expected a bit more difference from stock for the price lol. I still have yet to push the car to see how it behaves at the limit but if spirited driving holds up well, I bet it will be the same.

one thing I was trying out was sport + traction to see how high the revs hold, but was not able to get it to work as described in the stage 3 description. maybe I'm interpreting it wrong? it just behaves as normal and I was expecting the revs to hold around 5k-5.5k until it can downshift into the next gear.
Maybe it's a good thing it's not DRASTICALLY different from OEM, as OEM is already pretty good. This is why I've said it's probably overpriced by about $100.

When in Sport + do have traction ALL THE WAY OFF, as in holding the traction button down for 4 or 5 seconds? Mine worked as advertised, though I doubt I'll hardly ever use that feature.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 05:54 PM   #14
ryo-
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

oh, I did not turn traction fully off. I just pressed the button as you do to get into launch control mode. I'll try fully off next time
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 06:02 PM   #15
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
oh, I did not turn traction fully off. I just pressed the button as you do to get into launch control mode. I'll try fully off next time
Yeah, just a single quick press won’t activate that feature.
Appreciate 0