F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > insta for new turbo
proTUNING Freaks

03-04-2023, 07:10 PM   #1
VGSON
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 OGM2

insta for new turbo

I will be installing a new EWG turbo soon on my car. Is it possible to drive lightly while waiting to get the wastegate coded in? We are doing the install on the weekend and don't have access to insta til monday or might even have to hit the performance shop nearby.

FYI; we're installing a pure750, dorche hpfp and diverter valve that weekend. Any other tips you have thanks in advance. Have MHD and plan to use the ps2 ots hyrbid map with hpfp selected until me and the tuner can link up for 93 and e30/40 maps.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2023, 01:10 PM   #2
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGSON View Post
I will be installing a new EWG turbo soon on my car. Is it possible to drive lightly while waiting to get the wastegate coded in? We are doing the install on the weekend and don't have access to insta til monday or might even have to hit the performance shop nearby.

FYI; we're installing a pure750, dorche hpfp and diverter valve that weekend. Any other tips you have thanks in advance. Have MHD and plan to use the ps2 ots hyrbid map with hpfp selected until me and the tuner can link up for 93 and e30/40 maps.
It probably won't be the best thing in the world for your car, but if you absolutely need to then don't get into boost, have a light foot on the throttle, and keep it below 3k rpm. You will probably get a drivetrain malfunction and a ton of other warnings.
Speedtech Stage 3 (8474) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | XClutch | DS2 + Lift Kit | Nostrum S2 Injectors | TI E5LM | Torqbyte EKP | Intrax 1K2 | SPL | Drexler GT Race Light LSD by limitedslip.de | Schirmer Diff Lift Kit

Full E85 DI-Only 717WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2023, 08:55 PM   #3
VGSON
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 OGM2

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eidos View Post
It probably won't be the best thing in the world for your car, but if you absolutely need to then don't get into boost, have a light foot on the throttle, and keep it below 3k rpm. You will probably get a drivetrain malfunction and a ton of other warnings.
Thanks Eidos for the reply. I planned to limp it, drive very easy if it had to be done. My assumption after reading threads was that it might not reach boost. Most of those I could find were PWG threads.
Appreciate 0