E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Sudden key fob failure

04-22-2023, 05:46 AM   #1
redhatcode29
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Sudden key fob failure

Hi Guys, E92, 325i , N52, 2007.

I unlocked the doors, it was as if the batter in the key fob was dead. So i took out the steel key and unlocked the doors, alarm went off, inserted the key fob and the engine fired up as usual.

However i noticed that the settings in the car were changed to MPH rather then KM/h. Even the air condition settings had changed.

Today the key fob unlocked the doors as usual, all the settings were back !

My question:

1. was this change of settings due to the fact that the key-fob was not used to unlock the doors at the earlier attempt ? As i used the steel key to unlock the doors, the settings, which were made while the key fob was used to unlock the doors, were not recognised ?

2. Or is this due to something else ?

3. Key fob issue ?

Previously i did receive warnings that the key fob battery is low, but it went away as i kept using the key fob.
Appreciate 0