BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-10-2023, 03:57 PM   #1
tksamtec
Rep
Drives: '23 X5 45e

X5 45e w/ M-sport Shadowline Trim package bumper vents

New the the forum here and I looked around for similar posts but couldn't find anyone with similar trim to my X5.

So, I just got my first BMW, an X5 45e... I love it, so far. Unfortunately, I hit a huge crow feasting on some deer scraps on the highway (crow didn't fair too well). Thankfully, my bumper was saved, but the passenger side air duct/vent in the front (the shadowline all black trim area), I believe its 2 black pieces sandwiched together, is all mangled up. Its a brand new car (900 miles on it), so I fixed it enough to make me happy, and I already ordered the 2 replacement parts but need some guidance on the install. I am looking forward to fixing this back to new asap.

Here are a couple questions:
1. Do the parts snap in from the front or do I need to access the underside of the bumper at all?

2. How is the piece that covers the vents from the front of the bumper removed to gain access to the entire vent area.

Thanks for the assist !
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 04:04 PM   #2
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
the entire bumper needs to be removed to install the replacement vents if I’m imagining the correct parts (a photo would help ensure)
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 06:04 PM   #3
tksamtec
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
the entire bumper needs to be removed to install the replacement vents if I’m imagining the correct parts (a photo would help ensure)
Sorry, maybe this will help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 06:42 PM   #4
tksamtec
Rep

I think, based on other posts.... the trim piece that sticks out from the waffle grid portion, pops out of the front, but the other 2 or 3 pieces must be inserted from the back or from the wheel well areas.

If I could find out how to remove the trimp piece that is not damaged from the front, that may assist in telling the dealer which pieces I still need, because they already ordered the wrong ones for me, and there's no way the ones I have now are going to fit properly with my trim package.
Appreciate 0