bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-12-2023, 04:47 PM   #1
alexpereap
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i G42 xdrive

Extra radiators

Hi guys, I've read that a "PRO" package for the M240i G42 was offered in some countries, which included an extra pair of radiators to improve the cooling in the car.

Does anybody knows if this is real and if that's the case, what would be the part number for these radiators?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 05:41 AM   #2
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpereap View Post
Hi guys, I've read that a "PRO" package for the M240i G42 was offered in some countries, which included an extra pair of radiators to improve the cooling in the car.

Does anybody knows if this is real and if that's the case, what would be the part number for these radiators?

Thanks in advance.
You are thinking of the M technology pack (UK) or ZTK package which has an extra oil cooler. It’s in different places on the car depending on the market. If you do a search there is a thread with drawings showing the parts.
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2023, 11:04 AM   #3
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

The extra oil cooler is horizontally placed behind the front splitter. I seriously doubt it's needed and sorta wish I didn't have it due to its exposure to large road debris (like running over a shredded semi tire in the dark).
Appreciate 1