home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Exterior Modifications

05-31-2023, 04:43 AM   #1
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G42 M240i, F87 M2, E36

Exclamation TRE TR87 Aero Package for 2023 BMW M2 now available to order

The TRE Kit is now available to order on the AUTOID store.

The much anticipated release of the TR87 kit for the G87 M2 is almost upon us, with first deliveries slated for July.

To recap, what will be available at release...

TR87 Front Splitter
Created from the outset to be cohesive with design language of the car but individual in its execution, TRE have pulled no punches with this splitter. The extended rake of the splitter speaks to the sporty intentions of the car, with the winglets helping to guide air down the side of the vehicle and on to the side skirts.

The centre section of the splitter includes ramping towards the brake ducts, assisting the flow of air into the channels and aiding brake cooling when on track.

The benefits continue, the splitter utilises original manufacturer mounting points and a 3-piece design to ensure a simple install process and reduced packaging.

TR87 Side Skirts
Adding to the sleek and sporty design of the G87 M2, the TR87 Side Skirts are a first-of-its-kind upgrade exclusively designed for the 2023 model.

Manufactured using premium 2x2 twill pre-preg carbon fibre, these side skirts not only enhance the aesthetics of the car but also improve its aerodynamics.

The integrated canards create a sporty design and enhance downforce around the car's centre of mass, reducing drag and increasing performance.

As with the splitter, the side skirts utilise original manufacturer mounting points, providing a factory-level fitment and a simple installation process​​.

TR87 Rear Wing
The TR87 Rear Wing is another stunning component of the TR87 kit, designed with a motorsport-inspired design and crafted from high-quality, lightweight 2x2 twill pre-preg carbon fibre.

This rear wing offers adjustable settings for Road and Track use, making it a versatile addition to your G87 M2.

The rear wing can be installed with black anodised aluminium legs or optional brushed titanium legs, further enhancing the sporty look of the car​​.

TR87 M2 Badge Fender Trim
A notable omission from the G87 M2 is the infamous M2 badging that come with the F87 M2. TRE set out to fix this the right way.

Designing a new trim that is cohesive with the design language of the new generation but compatible with the original badging from the F87 M2, retaining the OEM level of finish you've come to expect from TRE.

The trim is customisable to your preference with 3 choices: Left clear, which would retain the carbon finish. Second, a thin strip with the infamous 3 shades of M colours (shown above). Finally, a body-coloured matched strip for an additional cost.

Whats next?
1. Rear Bumper Spats - these are in development but the rest of the kit has taken priority for now. We'll be adding these to the program in the coming months
2. Rear Diffuser - This is in development with the rear spats and will be finished soon.
3. Front Hood - Similar, CAD work on this is being undertaken. More news on this will be shared in the coming months.

If you have any questions, give me a shout!

Currently Driving: '23 G87 M2, '22 BMW M240i xDrive, '18 F87 M2, '98 E36 318is

@AUTOID | WWW.AUTOID.CO | SALES@AUTOID.CO
Appreciate 3
      05-31-2023, 04:47 AM   #2
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep

Some notes about the pre-order.

There is a launch offer live at the moment with a significant discount on each of the parts, with approx £800 off the kit when spec'd out.

This pre-order price will only last until the first kits ship, the kit will then go to full price.

You can currently pre-order for a small 10% fully-refundable deposit. This will secure your slot in the queue as we are anticipating a lot of demand.

If you have any questions, please speak to myself or a member of the team on our live chat.

The live chat is the fastest way to get a response, I am not excellent with getting back on here...

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 01:11 PM   #3
StickyPickle
Captain
Rep
Drives: NA

I gotta be honest, those fender trims didn’t turn out the way I hoped they would. Looking on the website, I didn’t see any pics of the carbon finish unless I’m totally blind.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 01:33 PM   #4
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyPickle View Post
I gotta be honest, those fender trims didn’t turn out the way I hoped they would. Looking on the website, I didn’t see any pics of the carbon finish unless I’m totally blind.
The fender trim is just finishing development at the moment, no pics of the pure carbon finish yet.

Will have them ready soon.

Any feedback on the trim appreciated, what did you want to see?

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 06:25 PM   #5
StickyPickle
Captain
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@AUTOID View Post
The fender trim is just finishing development at the moment, no pics of the pure carbon finish yet.

Will have them ready soon.

Any feedback on the trim appreciated, what did you want to see?
It’s difficult for me to say because these are still renders so maybe I just need to see real pics of them before passing judgment. I guess maybe something that contoured more with the crevice of that area instead of something that appears sorta “square peg, round hole” is what I was looking for but it’s probably a matter of personal taste.

One thing that I didn’t notice until I picked mine up yesterday was the body line that is about 5-6 inches above the rockers that travels length wise across the door. I’m guessing this may also present some challenges on designing a proper fender trim for this car but like I said, maybe it’ll make more sense to me after seeing real pics of them.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2023, 04:21 PM   #6
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M2

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [5.00]
I just placed my order. I didn't do the full kit. I went with a smaller cf spoiler, front lip, and side winglets. I also purchased the CF mirror caps. I have a July build date, so here's hoping I'll have the parts when the car arrives.

Thank you so much for designing something better than the hideous OEM spoiler, lip, and winglets.
Appreciate 3
zero213253.00
Bumpinjeep5532.50
      08-01-2023, 06:45 PM   #7
Hypori
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Have anyone gotten these yet? Would love to see how they look on an actual car
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 09:57 AM   #8
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypori View Post
Have anyone gotten these yet? Would love to see how they look on an actual car
Will have proper on-car content next week!

Appreciate 1
Hypori137.50
      08-02-2023, 05:25 PM   #9
Hypori
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@AUTOID View Post
Will have proper on-car content next week!
Can't wait to see them!
Appreciate 0